+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit as "interactive Media Prog & Developer", different from my profile

kkcanada

Sep 13, 2014
Hi Forum

I heard lots of informative things about this blog. So I hope I will get the answer for my clarification as below

My work permit has "Interative Media Prog & Developer", but my profile is Testing (Automation). Can I apply for NOC B category under CEC? As getting IELTS with 6 in all band is the bottle neck. so I saw in CIC that NOC B category required CLB 5 is enough for 2283 NOC. Please let me know can I apply on NOC B, though my work permit has NOC A category as mentioned above (Interactive Media Prog & Developer"

Thanks in Advance

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
kkcanada said:
Hi Forum

I heard lots of informative things about this blog. So I hope I will get the answer for my clarification as below

My work permit has "Interative Media Prog & Developer", but my profile is Testing (Automation). Can I apply for NOC B category under CEC? As getting IELTS with 6 in all band is the bottle neck. so I saw in CIC that NOC B category required CLB 5 is enough for 2283 NOC. Please let me know can I apply on NOC B, though my work permit has NOC A category as mentioned above (Interactive Media Prog & Developer"

Thanks in Advance
From what you are saying I believe that you had your work permit on a LMO. This means you were only authorized to work under Interative Media Prog & Developer NOC.
On the other hand you are shifting your occupation completely to a different category of NOCs because you can not meet the requirements for CLB6?! This is something man!

Now it's all about your future in Canada, eventually if you want to progress you will need to pump up that English results of yours, your occupation is NOC A, you should be able to pull off that english test.

Imagine yourself as the case officer, see if your situation would raise you some red flags. Essentially what you are saying is considered as misrepresentation!

That's all I can say, but let's see what seniors have to say on this.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
rezafc said:
From what you are saying I believe that you had your work permit on a LMO. This means you were only authorized to work under Interative Media Prog & Developer NOC.
On the other hand you are shifting your occupation completely to a different category of NOCs because you can not meet the requirements for CLB6?! This is something man!

Now it's all about your future in Canada, eventually if you want to progress you will need to pump up that English results of yours, your occupation is NOC A, you should be able to pull off that english test.

Imagine yourself as the case officer, see if your situation would raise you some red flags. Essentially what you are saying is considered as misrepresentation!

That's all I can say, but let's see what seniors have to say on this.
"From what you are saying I believe that you had your work permit on a LMO." Thats not true , People with ICT work permit also get that rest when you first time land in canada the officer at port of entry most of the times mistaken to identify the title with the job and this is one of the common mistake that do as lot of my friends have this issue , but for sure need to be corrected .

And coming to misinterpretation , The Guy wouldn't have written the WP profile name of his own though I completly understand what you are trying say ,along with it automation testing involves development of scripts to execute Tests , I am pretty sure the officer who gave the WP would be confused and mistaken .

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
See I don't know anything about ICT work permit! I just shared my own knowledge on my own experience.

I know he is not misrepresenting, but the confusion you are talking about is considered as misrepresentation. At least this is what I know! Maybe the NOCs are so much linked together that it doesn't matter at all.

See, seniors know better. Thanks for correcting me.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
kkcanada said:
Hi Forum

Thanks in Advance
For me your case is lil confusing because I heard the designation 'Interative Media Prog & Developer' is for NOC A category like 2173, 2174. So my confusion and question would be Is your profile 'Testing' related to your designation? If yes then your NOC level should be A.

May be more suggestions?