+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
veer2012 said:
I didn't see anyone from above list who was requested for their passport. I wonder, if they even started processing OCT'13? Also if u edit ur profile when u log in, may b u can show ur application's detail on the left.
Hi veer,

This is the response my friend recieved today when he sent an email to the CIC. He had fiiled an ICT application, on Nov 15th.

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on October 4, 2013

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Good news folks. Happy to see they are keeping the 4 months timeline.

Here is the reply I just recd. this morning.

This is in response to your email below

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on October 4, 2013

If you wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY, USA

jitbug

Jan 14, 2014
ict1canada said:
I applied on October 14, 2013. Just received a letter requesting my passport. Does not contain much information on how to send it though. Is there a place I can look up this info?

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
Hi everyone!!!!

I have just received my work permit approval now!!! I applied by online on October 15th 2013.
I am super happy now!! Hope everyone gets good news sometime soon!!

Petoto

jitbug

Jan 14, 2014
Petoto said:
Hi everyone!!!!

I have just received my work permit approval now!!! I applied by online on October 15th 2013.

Petoto
Hi Petoto,

Do you know of a way to collect it in person from NY?
Also, does your letter say it is approved or just request the passport? Mine just requests the passport, does not explicitly say it has been approved. Not sure what that means.

hello2adi

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Mar-2012
AOR Received.
28-Jun-2012
Med's Done....
30-Dec-2011
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012 (Got a wrong req, so sent PP only on 3rd sep)
My brother applied for Canada WP at NYC CIC on 18th Nov 2013.
Still waiting for any response from the CIC. Its being handled by lawyers for his company. They say that CIC is still working in applications received in Sep 2013.

Is there any place where we can check the status of the application?
Also, is there a spreadsheet for timeline tracking in this thread?

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Congrats Petoto ..Happy for you ;D
Petoto said:
Hi everyone!!!!

Petoto

Canavisa

Dec 26, 2013
Petoto said:
Hi everyone!!!!

Petoto
Congrats Petoto......even I received the approval...Finally huh....seems my attorney received it yesterday and I will be submitting my passport in NY consulate next week once my attorney gives me the directions....it was an ICT no LMO, applied online on Oct 1st 2013...good luck everyone...

hello2adi

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Mar-2012
AOR Received.
28-Jun-2012
Med's Done....
30-Dec-2011
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012 (Got a wrong req, so sent PP only on 3rd sep)
Hi Guys,
I created a new spreadsheet here to track progress.
Please use the below link to add and record your timelines.
Like that we can easily see the overall trend.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArjdhzHzrK_idFF3QjV6QWVyZ2t0bzhSbXVrTTBTNGc&usp=sharing

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Congrats Canavisa... ;D Hope you get your passport stamped with the visa soon. Enjoy your weekend..
Canavisa said:
Congrats Petoto......even I received the approval...Finally huh....seems my attorney received it yesterday and I will be submitting my passport in NY consulate next week once my attorney gives me the directions....it was an ICT no LMO, applied online on Oct 1st 2013...good luck everyone...

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
Congrats everyone who received their approvals. Happy for you guys!! Canavisa I told you it has to be this week. COngrats :) So, they are keeping 4 months. If they can make it to 3 months please :D

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Hi jas_dhillon90,
I hope it will be 3 months by the time your application gets processed.
A bit of relief after seeing the updates today..
All the best to others who are waiting..
jas_dhillon90 said:
Congrats everyone who received their approvals. Happy for you guys!! Canavisa I told you it has to be this week. COngrats :) So, they are keeping 4 months. If they can make it to 3 months please :D

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
I calculated their speed since January 8. They processed approximately 61 days in about 29 days since january 8. They were processing around Aug 20 at that time. And now in Feb they are halfway in October. I might be well in by april. I really hope the speed stays the same or gets better. :)

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
@ saleemjosh

I just based that speed on the posts since january 8 when they posted they the visa has been approved. This is not official lol. With this speed they should be finishing November by early March or may be towards the end of Feb. If the speed is maintained. I hope they do.

Guys note that from December 12 to January 8. They progressed from August 12 to August 20. What do you think guys? Did the processing speed get better? And now in 29 days they processed around 61 :D.