+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
rajthilakICT said:
Sam,Scorpion

I recieved my passport today with the Workpermit approval letter.

My flight tickets are booked and i am leaving to Calgary, Canada this saturday.

Thanks for all your help and support guys. really appreciate it.

My emaild ID: raj.thilak84 @ gmail.com

Please do keep in touch and all the best.

Regards,

Raj
That is great news. Congrats. I got my approval letter in PDF format but haven't got my passport yet. waiting on it.

sampcanada

Nov 12, 2013
Congratulation and best wishes to you all who got the visa.

I have enquired to get the latest processing time, will post it as soon as I get the response.

My application date is Aug 22nd so hope to get it in next 2 weeks. If anyone has the latest update on visa processing time line please shares.

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
sampcanada said:
Congratulation and best wishes to you all who got the visa.

I have enquired to get the latest processing time, will post it as soon as I get the response.

My application date is Aug 22nd so hope to get it in next 2 weeks. If anyone has the latest update on visa processing time line please shares.
Hello Samp
I submitted my passport in person to VAC on Monday 18th Nov and they have me tacking number to follow it online.

https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/status

My current status says In transit to VAC. I was told when your status says "In transit to VAC" you can pickup your passport the next day.

So hopefully by Monday 25th of November 2013 I could pickup my passport.

so in summary

I submitted online application on 8th of August.
I got request to submit passport on Monday 18th of Nov
I will be picking up my passport on 25th of Nov with Canadian work visa.

ak187

Nov 8, 2013
Need some suggestions here... My Canadian Attorney applied ICT through Online. How do I know that which Canadian VISA office has received my file..

Application Submitted: Oct 16th 2013
Online: YES
I am (H1B) a resident of: Seattle, WA

Please help me understand whether it goes to NY or LA.

Thanks,

Hotpat73

Aug 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2013
AOR Received.
05-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Hi

All work permit applications are processed in New York only.

ak187 said:
Need some suggestions here... My Canadian Attorney applied ICT through Online. How do I know that which Canadian VISA office has received my file..

Application Submitted: Oct 16th 2013
Online: YES
I am (H1B) a resident of: Seattle, WA

Please help me understand whether it goes to NY or LA.

Thanks,

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
quanwang2dai said:
Does anyone send inquiry to New York asking for process time recently? I haven't receive any reply from them since last Wednesday.
I got call today to pickup my passport. My online application was submitted online on 8th of August 2013. I was asked to deliver my passport on 18th Nov. If the processing rate is same as in last 2 months the current processing should be around 15th of August or at max around 18th.

If you are in New york then you may want to deliver and pickup your passport your self and save time lost in transit. If you are really in a hurry they have the option to fill out a form at the time of delivering your passport with the reason why your application is urgent and they may process the visa stamping part faster i.e. instead of 10 days it might be 5 or less.

sampcanada

Nov 12, 2013
My response to the query on Nov 22nd, hope it helps.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on August 12, 2013"

Anyone planning to drive through border? I am moving to Ontario and planning to drive. If some one can share that experience that would be great.

quanwang2dai

Oct 16, 2013
Thanks. This really helps. So even you deliver the passport to VAC, it still takes 8 days in your case? Did you use the option to fasten your stamping process?

SamCanada2013 said:
I got call today to pickup my passport. My online application was submitted online on 8th of August 2013. I was asked to deliver my passport on 18th Nov. If the processing rate is same as in last 2 months the current processing should be around 15th of August or at max around 18th.

If you are in New york then you may want to deliver and pickup your passport your self and save time lost in transit. If you are really in a hurry they have the option to fill out a form at the time of delivering your passport with the reason why your application is urgent and they may process the visa stamping part faster i.e. instead of 10 days it might be 5 or less.

quanwang2dai

Oct 16, 2013
Thanks. I still haven't received their reply since last Wednesday.

sampcanada said:
My response to the query on Nov 22nd, hope it helps.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on August 12, 2013"

Anyone planning to drive through border? I am moving to Ontario and planning to drive. If some one can share that experience that would be great.

renfre

Nov 27, 2013
Share a reply from New York Visa office at 11/27/2013

Online application: 10/10.

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on August 12, 2013

I also sent an inquiry to the VAC-NY about the processing times for the online applications. Below are their reply.

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, as we are separate from CIC we cannot comment on the online application system. However, applications submitted through the Visa Application Centre are given priority processing by the NY Consulate. There is no specific processing time but the average is between 2 and 4 weeks.

Kind regards,
Visa Application Centre (SP)
ny-info@csc-cvac.com
(646) 741-0130

Does anyone can confirm this information that applications submitted through the VAC have priority and are processed between 2 and 4 weeks.

Thanks

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
renfre said:
Share a reply from New York Visa office at 11/27/2013

Online application: 10/10.

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on August 12, 2013

I also sent an inquiry to the VAC-NY about the processing times for the online applications. Below are their reply.

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, as we are separate from CIC we cannot comment on the online application system. However, applications submitted through the Visa Application Centre are given priority processing by the NY Consulate. There is no specific processing time but the average is between 2 and 4 weeks.

Kind regards,
Visa Application Centre (SP)
ny-info @ csc-cvac.com
(646) 741-0130

Does anyone can confirm this information that applications submitted through the VAC have priority and are processed between 2 and 4 weeks.

Thanks
Yes, one of my colleague recently submitted paper application (via USPS fast tracked mail) rather than online (as per instructions from our company immigration) and he got his passport marked with visa in 10 days flat . Online application are delayed very much and this option is better if you short on time.

Currently as you see on 20th nov also they were working on 12th aug online application, and the same reply was on 27th . so in one week it did not move at all. with holidays coming , i guess it will be delayed further .

Thanks

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
quanwang2dai said:
Thanks. I still haven't received their reply since last Wednesday.
hi Quanwang ,

did you receive any reply for your query ?

Anybody with updated processing timeline for online application for work permit.