+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
I have not heard any thing from consulate for my email sent on Thursday.

Dose any one else has the latest info for online processing date?

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
SamCanada2013 said:
I have not heard any thing from consulate for my email sent on Thursday.

Dose any one else has the latest info for online processing date?
Hello Sam,

I guess youa re in the same boat as me. As you mentioned since they are finlizing applications as of Aug 8th, i suggest you wait a couple of days to get your approval. Even i got my approval, 2-3days after i got the mailer stating the processing date as Aug1st. Even scorpion got couple of days ahead of me. I also suggest you check with your HR for the same. Dont be tensed. You wil get it soon. All the best.

On my status, I mailed my passport last tuesday and awaiting the return from consulate. I probably will leave to canada, this weekend.

Cheers,

Raj

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
rajthilakICT said:
Hello Sam,

I guess youa re in the same boat as me. As you mentioned since they are finlizing applications as of Aug 8th, i suggest you wait a couple of days to get your approval. Even i got my approval, 2-3days after i got the mailer stating the processing date as Aug1st. Even scorpion got couple of days ahead of me. I also suggest you check with your HR for the same. Dont be tensed. You wil get it soon. All the best.

On my status, I mailed my passport last tuesday and awaiting the return from consulate. I probably will leave to canada, this weekend.

Cheers,

Raj
Hello Sam, Raj , all other frends,

I may get my passports within few days,
and want to know if you have any ifo. abt ?

1. what do they ask when entering to canada ?
2. do they ask for papers to show them other than visa,passport ?
3. are we covered under medical insurance from day 1 ? or need to have formalities ?

Please advise on this , if you have any info please.

Thanks a lot,

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
scorpion181181 said:
Hello Sam, Raj , all other frends,

I may get my passports within few days,
and want to know if you have any ifo. abt ?

1. what do they ask when entering to canada ?
2. do they ask for papers to show them other than visa,passport ?
3. are we covered under medical insurance from day 1 ? or need to have formalities ?

Please advise on this , if you have any info please.

Thanks a lot,
I got my approval today. I submitted by passport in person and will collect in person to save time.

1. I entered as a visitor visa in Canada the last time and they asked me the reason for my visit and I had to show them my H1 stamping appointment I had in US consulate in canada at the time. They even called my friend who I told them I will be staying with to double check but it all took like 15 minutes. I would ask my HR and post the response from them.

2. I guess I answered the last question.

3. I am told that Ontario will provide state insurance after 90 days. My HR told me that for first 3 months I will have to participate in company provided insurance plan.

@Raj and Scorpio

Thanks alot for your feed back.

For others
I submitted my application on August 8th 2013
Got approval and request to submit the passport on November 18th 2013 that is 3 months and 10 days.
I got tracking number which will let me see when my passport is ready for pickup. I plan to pickup in person instead of using any mail service to save time.

Shku_2704

Nov 12, 2013
SamCanada2013 said:
I got my approval today. I submitted by passport in person and will collect in person to save time.

1. I entered as a visitor visa in Canada the last time and they asked me the reason for my visit and I had to show them my H1 stamping appointment I had in US consulate in canada at the time. They even called my friend who I told them I will be staying with to double check but it all took like 15 minutes. I would ask my HR and post the response from them.

2. I guess I answered the last question.

3. I am told that Ontario will provide state insurance after 90 days. My HR told me that for first 3 months I will have to participate in company provided insurance plan.

@ Raj and Scorpio

Thanks alot for your feed back.

For others
I submitted my application on August 8th 2013
Got approval and request to submit the passport on November 18th 2013 that is 3 months and 10 days.
I got tracking number which will let me see when my passport is ready for pickup. I plan to pickup in person instead of using any mail service to save time.

Congrats Sam ! all the best !

Seems processing time has not picked up even when strike is over. now that holidays are coming i guess the processing time might get delayed further :-(.

Crossing my fingers as my application is of Aug 21st. 2 more weeks

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Frends,

Any bodu having idea how long they take to stamp passport and return.
my passport reached there on 12NOV2013, so far no update for my return package tracking number,
all the day I am checking the tracking number on USPS , it says not found, that means yet its with CIC NY.

its almost a week , do they really take this much time ??

any suggestion please ?

Raj , have you got ur PP ??

Thanks,

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
scorpion181181 said:
Frends,

Any bodu having idea how long they take to stamp passport and return.
my passport reached there on 12NOV2013, so far no update for my return package tracking number,
all the day I am checking the tracking number on USPS , it says not found, that means yet its with CIC NY.

its almost a week , do they really take this much time ??

any suggestion please ?

Raj , have you got ur PP ??

Thanks,
Hello Scorpion,

I havent recievd my PP yet.
My Passport reached on 13th November 2013 and still no word from them. I get the same "Not Found" message when i try to track the package with USPS.

mandy_s

Nov 19, 2013
My passport reached NY embassy on Nov 8. Still not word or no reply to emails. Anyone knows how much time does it take for stamping?

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
mandy_s said:
My passport reached NY embassy on Nov 8. Still not word or no reply to emails. Anyone knows how much time does it take for stamping?
I submitted my passport in person. I was told it is typically taking 10 business days these days and add mailing time to that.

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
scorpion181181 said:
Hello Frnds,

I got email confirmation of WP approval for 2 yrs.
I m moving to SK in JAN2014 , any body going there ?

Thanks ,
Did you get your passport back as well along with the letter for work authorization issuance?

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
SamCanada2013 said:
So hopefully by end of week you will get the passport back.
Sam,Scorpion

I recieved my passport today with the Workpermit approval letter.

My flight tickets are booked and i am leaving to Calgary, Canada this saturday.

Thanks for all your help and support guys. really appreciate it.

My emaild ID: raj.thilak84@gmail.com

Please do keep in touch and all the best.

Regards,

Raj