+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

Jun 6, 2013
I am in the US and am a US citizen. My situation was different from yours, although it was just as inefficient and messed up. I received notification via email that my application was approved, and all I need to do is to go to a border crossing to get the paperwork. As a US citizen, in theory, I should have been able to have applied at the border, but because the CBSA agent did not know what her responsibilities were, I got stuck in the bureaucratic shuffle that is the Consulate in NYC.

Sorry that I don't have any more information to help your situation.

Sri1

Mar 13, 2013
I submitted my wife's passport today in the home country. We applied online and at that time the country of residence was USA. We went to the VFS office in hyderabad and inquired if we can send our passport to New Delhi embassy. They said yes and told our passport and a fee of 655Rs. Processing time for stamping is between 5-10 days.

alpha2007

May 9, 2013
Thanks Sri
could you please let me know what all documents you sent across to New Delhi consulate?

is it passports, passport request PDF only or any other additional documents?
Also since you sent the passports by post, the address in your original application may be of US so is there any need / option to get address updated in the forms? How will new Delhi consulate know where to send back the passports?

alpha2007

May 9, 2013
Sri1- Please share the details. I have also send you a personal message with my contact number. Want to talk to you for few minutes if possible. Please call me at my numbers mentioned in email or share your contact number, I will call you.

Sri1

Mar 13, 2013
they have taken just the passport and the passport request letter. They take the address in india as we are sending it to New Delhi. Also no need to update the address in the forms.

alpha2007

May 9, 2013
Thanks Sri1
So you did not post the forms yourself, you gave it in Hyderabad VFS to be sent across to New Delhi consulate, is that correct?

Sri1

Mar 13, 2013
That is right. No need to post the forms again. Also you can visit the VFS office in Banglore as they will give you more info. They are very friendly and will clear all your doubts.

NYTOEDM

Jul 18, 2013
I have a concern, hope someone can advise on this. I submitted an online WP application with LMO. An upfront medical is also done. Recently contacted Embassay at NYC and was informed that they are finalizing Mar 25 app and they also received the medeical reports.

My concern is, if they are still on Mar 25 app, they will take 2 more month to start with my application (which was submitted in June) and then processing will take another 2-3 more months. I am afraid that by that time, my LMO will be expired ( expiration date is oct). Do I have get another LMO again or, they will consider my current LMO as it was valid the time the WP application was submitted.

Thanks

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
NYTOEDM said:
I have a concern, hope someone can advise on this. I submitted an online WP application with LMO. An upfront medical is also done. Recently contacted Embassay at NYC and was informed that they are finalizing Mar 25 app and they also received the medeical reports.

My concern is, if they are still on Mar 25 app, they will take 2 more month to start with my application (which was submitted in June) and then processing will take another 2-3 more months. I am afraid that by that time, my LMO will be expired ( expiration date is oct). Do I have get another LMO again or, they will consider my current LMO as it was valid the time the WP application was submitted.

Thanks
I don't think the processing itself will take 2-3 months. Typically our applications spend months in waiting, but once it is our turn, the processing itself is fast.

Regarding your question about LMO, I believe it says on the LMO that you have to submit the work permit application by its expiration date. If you take it literally, I think it should be fine. I am not sure though.

NYTOEDM

Jul 18, 2013
Thanks Sealy. BTW may know how long it took for your application, just to get an idea.
Cheers
sealy said:
I don't think the processing itself will take 2-3 months. Typically our applications spend months in waiting, but once it is our turn, the processing itself is fast.

Regarding your question about LMO, I believe it says on the LMO that you have to submit the work permit application by its expiration date. If you take it literally, I think it should be fine. I am not sure though.

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
I got my passport back.

Timeline in case it helps anyone

Applied online March 28th (Work permit LMO)
Request for passport: July 31st (sent passport to NYC office)
Received passports with POE: Aug 6

jp08

Aug 6, 2013
Feb25 said:
Folks .. From my experience, untill June 2013 it was 90 day for processing application and then 10 day to send the passport back. For me it took 101 day to get passport back after application filed ( ICT, TWP, No Medical ). It could have delayed again now, and can expect upto 120 day for the complete processing now.
Hi. Is this for a work permit? Thanku.