+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
I haven't done that yet. I was hoping to see some movement.
But its looks like they have stopped processing the applications any further. I don't think there are so many applications for 2/13 - 2/15 that they have to be stuck on these dates for 3 weeks now.

feb15

Apr 29, 2013
Mine is Feb 15th. No update yet. Yes, no movement after Feb 13th for the last two weeks. NY consulate doesn't care about our mental pressure waiting for our passports at least even without the WP :D if they have online status options that would ease things a lot.

All we can do now is pray God and hope for the best.

Feb25

Apr 26, 2013
------ I read this in news---bad for us----------

Canada: Labor Dispute Likely to Delay Overseas Application Processing

Employers and their foreign workers should expect processing delays for Temporary Resident Visa and work permit applications submitted to diplomatic posts overseas, due to recent labor actions by Canada’s Foreign Service Officers union.

Canada’s Foreign Service Officers union, which includes immigration and visa officers abroad, are now engaged in labor actions that are likely to result in processing delays for Temporary Resident Visa and work permit applications submitted to diplomatic posts overseas. Officers are still reporting to work at this time, but they are limiting their hours and not responding to work emails.

Overseas immigration processing will likely remain subject to delays until the strike ends. At this time, there is no indication how long the strike will last or whether it might escalate into a full work stoppage.

Fragomen will monitor the strike and disseminate further alerts as the situation develops.

Source: Fragomen

--------------b

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
This was from 4/9 i.e. almost a month back; not sure if this is still an on-going issue.
@ feb15 - If I would have been in your shoes; I would visit the consulate.

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Or maybe all of us can collaborate and go to consulate on same day.
All I can see > 60 days is just four of us...
Feb 15, Saaik85, Feb 25, SA33. Just a weird idea ;)

feb15

Apr 29, 2013
I live in Seattle. Air fare are high for me to NY. Also, the other think I was wondering what if they have already courier it. So for sure will they notify by email as soon as they decide or approve?

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
As far as I know they do send a approval mail and some PDF via mail before couriering passport. I send you a PM. Please check.

Feb25

Apr 26, 2013
The above news I mentioned is in April, but the strike is going on all the consulates around the world till . You can read and watch the video on the latest picketing they did on May 9th, their assocaition website has it . Washington post also has reported this recently ..

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Yeah, you are right and that most probably is the reason for a pause on processing.. They are still picketing.

feb15

Apr 29, 2013
Today I got an update from the attorney that my WP was approved. The pdf document shows the dated as 5/9.

Waiting for my passport now.

There is movement .. everybody should hope to see progress. Good luck to rest you who all are waiting.

Mine received date Feb 15.

Gab

May 13, 2013
@feb15 Congratulations!!!!!! This gives us hope!
NYC received my app on feb 27. I've been following the forum since then.
I'm going crazy waiting but hopefully I'll get mine soon

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
guys just a FYI -- "Please be advised that as of today, we are processing files received on February 19, 2013."

feb15

Apr 29, 2013
Anybody have any idea/experience tracking USPs priority mail without having the tracking number?

I'm wondering is there a way I can track my passport mail from NY consulate. Thanks

feb14-2013

May 15, 2013
to share my experience with you guys
I applied on feb 13 - 2013 by mail
Application Arrived feb 14 -2013
I Received Medical Exam Form on march 28
Medical Exam completed April 1 2013 and submitted april 9 2013
I received approval on may 9 2013
Work Permit received on May 12 2013
Wish you guys the best ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D