+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Application within Spouse Sponsorship

Martusik

Feb 28, 2021
hello all, it's getting frustrating. My husband sponsors me. So we sent the application in March 2021. Within the ss application we applied for a work permit. Since then we haven't heard anything about the work permit. However, I competed my biometrics and have done medical exam for spouse sponsorship but it was put on hold due to my pregnancy. I'm trying to contact cic to see what's going on but I'm only getting email auto reply and when I'm trying to call it always says that all representatives are busy and it hangs up on me.
Please suggest what I should do? I really need my work permit to renew my OHIP card. thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello all, it's getting frustrating. My husband sponsors me. So we sent the application in March 2021. Within the ss application we applied for a work permit. Since then we haven't heard anything about the work permit. However, I competed my biometrics and have done medical exam for spouse sponsorship but it was put on hold due to my pregnancy. I'm trying to contact cic to see what's going on but I'm only getting email auto reply and when I'm trying to call it always says that all representatives are busy and it hangs up on me.
Please suggest what I should do? I really need my work permit to renew my OHIP card. thanks!
Unfortunately this is quite normal right now. It is taking a very long time for the OWP to be approved for many applicants here (some have been approved for PR without ever having been approved for the OWP).

Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do but wait. There's no way to get IRCC to expedite the OWP.

I would recommend that you join discussions in the Family Sponsorship section of the forum vs. here. That's where you'll find the vast majority of posts on this topic. Look for the March 2021 inland thread. That will give you the best idea of what others are experiencing and timelines. That thread will be the best place to post questions.

Martusik

Feb 28, 2021
Unfortunately this is quite normal right now. It is taking a very long time for the OWP to be approved for many applicants here (some have been approved for PR without ever having been approved for the OWP).

Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do but wait. There's no way to get IRCC to expedite the OWP.

I would recommend that you join discussions in the Family Sponsorship section of the forum vs. here. That's where you'll find the vast majority of posts on this topic. Look for the March 2021 inland thread. That will give you the best idea of what others are experiencing and timelines. That thread will be the best place to post questions.
I got it. Thanks!