+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Application with Spouse

Dharmin Shah

Jan 14, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I just finished my study and my wife is in Canada and My Study Permit and her Work Permit is expired on 30th March 2020, Now I don't have job in Category A,B or O and Doing Part Time Job at Walmart Canada and she is working in Subway.

1) So, My question is can i apply my Open work permit along with her Open work permit or I have to apply for my Work Permit first and then I have to apply for her?

2) Is it compulsory to have Category A,B or O Job for Spouse Open Work Permit Visa?

Please help me for this 2 questions.

Thank you in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Everyone,

I just finished my study and my wife is in Canada and My Study Permit and her Work Permit is expired on 30th March 2020, Now I don't have job in Category A,B or O and Doing Part Time Job at Walmart Canada and she is working in Subway.

1) So, My question is can i apply my Open work permit along with her Open work permit or I have to apply for my Work Permit first and then I have to apply for her?

2) Is it compulsory to have Category A,B or O Job for Spouse Open Work Permit Visa?

Please help me for this 2 questions.

Thank you in advance.
1. Not without a skilled job and 3 payslips.

2. Yes.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1) So, My question is can i apply my Open work permit along with her Open work permit or I have to apply for my Work Permit first and then I have to apply for her? jiofi.local.html tplinklogin is it down
Until you have a job in NOV 0,A or B and 3 pay slips she does not qualify for a work permit. Unless you get a new skilled job and have 3 pay slips your spouse must stop working on the 30th of March. She can change her status to visitor before her OWP ends. This may effect her health coverage as well depending on the province.