+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit application Singapore

mamunbd

Jan 17, 2014
xinsikuangchao said:
Got my passport with visa stamped today!!!
[/quote
congrats. i received my lmo this week. i am preaparing to submit online from dhaka next week. my lmo will expire december first week .please pray for me.

Vern

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hello, I applied for TWP for LIve in caregiver program, i just submitted my police clearance that they requested and done also with my medical. Do you have any idea on what will be the next step? Thank you

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^ Hi Vern

When did you received the request fir the police clearance? We are still waiting for the request, our application submitted last August 23, 2014.
Thank you in advance!

Vern

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Insert Quote
^ Hi Vern

When did you received the request fir the police clearance? We are still waiting for the request, our application submitted last August 23, 2014.
Thank you in advance!

Hello cutie_smile I submitted my application last August 15, i received med request and police clearance last oct 22.

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vern said:
Insert Quote
^ Hi Vern

Thank you in advance!

Hello cutie_smile I submitted my application last August 15, i received med request and police clearance last oct 22.
Thanks for the reply Vern. You're lucky you already have the medical and police clearance request, were still waiting for that request. You're just ahead from us about 8days for the application, hopefully we will receive the mail also the soonest.

I think the next step will be just wait to receive a request to submit your passport for the visa stamping. Goodluck and all the best for all!

she_0713

Apr 21, 2014
Hello everyone keep waiting and be positive always, im in vancouver already i waited my visa almost 6 mos in singapore as a live in caregiver. Indeed its worth waiting enjoying the life in here good luck for all the new applicants.

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
cutesmile_1728 said:
^durchbeisser_17 thank you so much po for the reply

We submitted the application last August 23 and until now (for more than 2 months) no request yet for additional documents like police clearances.
Is it because still too early? Hopefully by Nov 23 (3 months) we already receive a request.

By the way kabayan, if I received the request to submit the police clearance do I need to include also the NBI clearance? I mean I need to submit both in just 1 submission?

And lastly, can you advise us when is the right time to send for follow-up? and where we could send?

Thank you in advance kabayan!
Hi cutesmile, kabayan do u have your work permit now? Me (OWP) and my husband (TWP) applied last Dec 16 and up to now still no updates. we already got positive LMIA but until now no results. It just indicates "open". Please share your timeline. Thanks.

Mabeh

Aug 29, 2014
Hi to all!
I submitted my application last November 25 2014 online, until now I didn't receiv any email from yhe embassy. Is there anything i can do? Can i email them or my employer to the embassy?
Pls help! Thank you .

durchbeisser_17

Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 08,2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
August 17,2015
AOR Received.
December 4 , 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
June 2, 2016
Med's Done....
June 4, 2016
Passport Req..
January 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 27, 2017
LANDED..........
Inland
You can definitely send them an email. You can do it yourself so you dont have to go through your employer. I sent a follow up application on mine after a month.

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kjg09 said:
Hi cutesmile, kabayan do u have your work permit now? Me (OWP) and my husband (TWP) applied last Dec 16 and up to now still no updates. we already got positive LMIA but until now no results. It just indicates "open". Please share your timeline. Thanks.
Hi. Good day! Sorry for late reply. My husband already have the visa.

Dec 31, 2014 - passport request received
Jan 13, 2015 - submitted the passport (nasa Pilipinas kasi cia, on vacation during the time he received the passport request)
Jan 16, 2015 - collected the passport with visa stamp

However yung sa akin for Temporary Residence waiting pa din ng request for the police clearance

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
cutesmile_1728 said:
Hi. Good day! Sorry for late reply. My husband already have the visa.

Dec 31, 2014 - passport request received
Jan 13, 2015 - submitted the passport (nasa Pilipinas kasi cia, on vacation during the time he received the passport request)
Jan 16, 2015 - collected the passport with visa stamp

However yung sa akin for Temporary Residence waiting pa din ng request for the police clearance
tnx sa reply. Sabay kayo ng apply visa? 2 months na ung sa amin wala p rin request for police clearance ska medical. ung husband mo kelan po sya rinequired ng police clearance? tnx po

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kjg09 said:
tnx sa reply. Sabay kayo ng apply visa? 2 months na ung sa amin wala p rin request for police clearance ska medical. ung husband mo kelan po sya rinequired ng police clearance? tnx po
Hello Kabayan, this was my husband's timeline for the TWP

App. Filed : August 23, 2014
Doc's Request : December 3, 2014
IELTS Request : N/A
Med's Request : N/A
Interview : Waived
Passport Req : December 30, 2014

He was in the Philippines for Christmas vacation kaya di agad nasubmit ang passport.

Passport Submitted: January 13, 2015
Visa Issued : January 16, 2015

However, for my temporary residence application we are still waiting for the police clearance request. We are thinking if possible, after I able to submit the police clearance I will go back to the Philippines and just return here in SG once I am ask for the passport submission, though by that time I don't have Dependent Pass anymore, since my husband will go to Canada first. Do you have any idea if this is possible?

Or if they ask me to submit my passport for visa stamping, is it possible I submit it in Manila?

Vern

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hello , I got my visa already and will fly to Canada end of this month.my flight to canada is sg - toronto. I want to go back to philippines for few days then back here in SG. My problem is when I go back here in SG i dnt have my Pass already. Will I encounter any problems from the immigration in the Philippines? I hope you can help me . thank you.

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
cutesmile_1728 said:
Hello Kabayan, this was my husband's timeline for the TWP

App. Filed : August 23, 2014
Doc's Request : December 3, 2014
IELTS Request : N/A
Med's Request : N/A
Interview : Waived
Passport Req : December 30, 2014

He was in the Philippines for Christmas vacation kaya di agad nasubmit ang passport.

Passport Submitted: January 13, 2015
Visa Issued : January 16, 2015

However, for my temporary residence application we are still waiting for the police clearance request. We are thinking if possible, after I able to submit the police clearance I will go back to the Philippines and just return here in SG once I am ask for the passport submission, though by that time I don't have Dependent Pass anymore, since my husband will go to Canada first. Do you have any idea if this is possible?

Or if they ask me to submit my passport for visa stamping, is it possible I submit it in Manila?
Hi Kabayan Tnx for your reply. Maybe it's still possible to go back here in SG as a tourist for passport submission. You may need to show all your documents to IO and tell them the reason is for you to get your visa by submitting your passport in canadian embassy here in SG. I just want to ask, if its possible to submit your passport in canadian embassy in phils instead to get your visa? I am not sure about this.

My case is different since I am PR here in sg and I dont have plans to withdraw my PR here in sg until I got PR in canada. And we do not have plans to go back to phils before our flight to canada (if we got our work permits) since we do not have any annual leave left.

Btw, did you submit your trv application together with your husband wp? or you applied alone? What date did you submit your trv?

Below is our timeline:

Aug 13 2014 - work permit application (LMIA exempted as per HR since my husband is under international mobility program). He will be transfer from SG site/studio to montreal site with same employer.

Oct 05 2014 - WP rejected. as per CIC, need LMIA. Thus the employer applied for LMIA.

Dec 03 2014 - LMIA approved.

Dec 16 2014 - resubmit work permit application with LMIA and CAQ (for quebec requirements)

Until now we are still waiting. Mine is open work permit and we applied our wp application together. You can apply for open work permit if your husband got a job under NOC 0, A, and B. Based on your husband's timeline, its indeed 3 months waiting before they request for additional docs. How long did your husband got police clearance here in SG? Goodluck to both of us! Hope we can go to canada soon.