+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Application Processing Delayed

Nino_34

Oct 14, 2018
do you have an approved LMIA? if you have it, they will request from you a list of documents prior to you WP application. Once they lodge your WP application you will get a email confirmation in your email from CIC. for me it took almost 6 months for my LMIA got approved, now its almost 2 and half months my WP lodge still no update but my agent told me that WP application will take 6 or more months.
What was your basis for 6months wait? are you basing the starting period from when you were interviewed by the employer or from time they asked for your credentials? Also, did your job offer came along with the approved LMIA or is it job offer first then the LMIA? Thanks for your info

Additionally I dont even have job offer and approved LMIA yet.. still waiting for any update from them from the time I only have sent my credentials

Lorie@030486

Star Member
May 1, 2018
6 months from the date where my application lodge in the CIC/or from the day that i received the confirmation cic. see below email from my agent.

"Attached is a copy of your work permit receipt and credit card receipt.

Your email address is on the file so you would have received 2 email messages. You do not need to do anything about those messages as I have access to your file.

The average processing time is 6 months so it will be a while before we hear anything.

Thanks

Lorie@030486

Star Member
May 1, 2018
What was your basis for 6months wait? are you basing the starting period from when you were interviewed by the employer or from time they asked for your credentials? Also, did your job offer came along with the approved LMIA or is it job offer first then the LMIA? Thanks for your info

Additionally I dont even have job offer and approved LMIA yet.. still waiting for any update from them from the time I only have sent my credentials

it will take more time for you since you still dont have a LMIA or else you are exempted for LMIA.
for me when my agent sent my approve LMIA the job offer is along with it.

_kimpoy26_

Mar 9, 2018
Hello _Kimpoy26_
Any good news from your application,may i know under which NOC you are applying for,that your friend took only less than 2 months.
hello sir sorry for replying late. .i am under LMIA and my NOC nmbr is 8252..how about you sir

manudeep73

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Hi Everyone, does anyone know that long it will take to get the extension on SOWP , As on CIC site they said 66 days , is there any possibility that we can get before this processing time . AS we applied for my husband only

_kimpoy26_

Mar 9, 2018
ilang months na ulit kayo nagaantay ng work permit nyo?kelan nyo sinubmit?nakapagfollowup nb kayo?
june 4 pa po ako nag submit sir. tumawag narin po ako sa vfs wala rin silang my esagot. nag email nrin po ako sa immigration computer po nag rereply. .kilan po kayo nag submit sir?

etlamsen102088

Oct 29, 2018
june 4 pa po ako nag submit sir. tumawag narin po ako sa vfs wala rin silang my esagot. nag email nrin po ako sa immigration computer po nag rereply. .kilan po kayo nag submit sir?
sa dubai po ba kayo or sa abubdhabi?kakasubmit ko lng nung august16.nung chineck mo processing time mo ilng weeks ba?ako kc 16weeks?live in caregiver ba apply nyo?ang sabi ba sa iimig comp. you application is in queue for review din ba ung sayo?

_kimpoy26_

Mar 9, 2018
17 weeks po yung sakin bali lampas na po yung sakin sir. . dubai po ko sir.. sa vfs dn po ba kayo nag apply? sa farm po yung sakin sir