+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK PERMIT APPLICATION >>>>please help:(

chuckie

Sep 11, 2013
Good day. I had this problem regarding my Work Permit Application in CIC.. Im a Filipino, here in United States right now as a tourist and i applied a job in Canada, I send all my documents on my online application, and now its already 3weeks since i sent my application here in US. My question is, can i go home (Philippines) while waiting for my Work Permit in Canada, or i need to stay here in US while waiting for my Work Permit?, My tourist visa will end soon, so i need to go back home, but i dont know of i can wait my work permit in philippines or just stay here. Please Help:( I really dont know what to do:(

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You should email the embassy explaining your situation. They might help you out with an update.

From what i know, you cannot apply to a visa office which you are not a citizen or a permanent resident of. Being on a tourist visa does not qualify. You at least have to be on a work permit, study permit or a permanent resident being in the us to be able to apply from there.

But i have no clue what would happen further in such a case.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Wait give me a second. Upon re-reading your text, you said i applied online?

Does that mean you filled your application using a my cic account and made submission there?

If so what makes you think you submitted your application "in US"?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
chuckie said:
using the website in CiC in US..:(
That doesn't matter. No one is tracking your ip when you are applying online. What matters is what you filled in your first form as your current address and country of residence. Visa office is based upon that

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
chuckie said:
using the website in CiC in US..:(
Chuckie,

I sent you a PM. How's your application? Did you try to send an email follow up and hear anything from CIC? Before you can create a checklist of documents and generate a number, you need to go through the process of answering the online form to check your eligibility to apply. What did you put in the questionnaire as your current country of residence? If you clicked U.S., I believe you will be asked to provide a proof of legal status in the U.S. for NYC to process your application. Let me know what happens to your application. I also would like to know if someone advised you to apply online while in the U.S. Where did you get the idea that it will be processed in NYC.

Thanks!

Cookie