+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Application online

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hey, Guys could anybody let me know,if i apply work permit online then would it speed up the process then paper application?i have heard it speeds up but want to hear from those who did it. Anybody applied from south asian countries?

Mythripotturu

Feb 20, 2018
Online application is better ...there’s is no postal transit time ....so time saved.... but u should be prepared with all the scanned doc and limit for each file is 4mb for each doc ..this takes a lot of time to get ready with application..so be ready with all docs in time ... once ready u can apply online in a jiffy

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Online application is better ...there’s is no postal transit time ....so time saved.... but u should be prepared with all the scanned doc and limit for each file is 4mb for each doc ..this takes a lot of time to get ready with application..so be ready with all docs in time ... once ready u can apply online in a jiffy
Thanks for your response. have you tried/have applied online? I do think online application is faster but online payment is an issue from my Country,does to pay fees card have to be registered in my name?how can i merge all the application/scan documents together to send it all. Online application system is very limited where you are asked couple documents and how shall i name them?

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
Thanks for your response. have you tried/have applied online? I do think online application is faster but online payment is an issue from my Country,does to pay fees card have to be registered in my name?how can i merge all the application/scan documents together to send it all. Online application system is very limited where you are asked couple documents and how shall i name them?
As suggested above, apply online is significantly faster (in addition to the mailing time, IRCC does not need to scan the documents... so the difference can be *months* -- you can check processing times at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/). Also online you get a confirmation of receipt of application immediately, which is very useful.

I am unsure about your credit card. Naming of docs is not really relevant (just use something reasonable, not 100 letters long file name...). To put additional info, there is a "Letter of Explanation" field, where you can upload a single file to explain whatever you wish. You may need to combine several files into 1 pdf. The 4MB limit is not really significant, it is more or less 10-15 well readable color scanned pages at optimal compression.

Reactions: Sujan Kingston

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
As suggested above, apply online is significantly faster (in addition to the mailing time, IRCC does not need to scan the documents... so the difference can be *months* -- you can check processing times at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/). Also online you get a confirmation of receipt of application immediately, which is very useful.

I am unsure about your credit card. Naming of docs is not really relevant (just use something reasonable, not 100 letters long file name...). To put additional info, there is a "Letter of Explanation" field, where you can upload a single file to explain whatever you wish. You may need to combine several files into 1 pdf. The 4MB limit is not really significant, it is more or less 10-15 well readable color scanned pages at optimal compression.
If i merged all documents in different required fields then what about 4 Mb limit size?what if all documents into 1 pdf files makes up 10 Mb?
Just merged it all and almost 15 pages are just for employment records which has size of 10 Mb.

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
If i merged all documents in different required fields then what about 4 Mb limit size?what if all documents into 1 pdf files makes up 10 Mb?
Just merged it all and almost 15 pages are just for employment records which has size of 10 Mb.
Each single file must be less than 4MB (or you won't be able to upload). The total combined size of all files in all fields can exceed this.

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Thanks for the info and i have been trouble figuring out something in come to Canada wizard which ask the following :
Are you of working age, and a dependent of a person who is (or will be):
Can you be able to let me know what does it mean?Yes,i'm of working age but i'm not a dependent.i have not married at all.

Can you be also let me know step by step to apply online for work permit,i'm only confuse about documents and merging it and also short amount of documents asked in online,papers one have many of it.

Would appreciate it,

Thanks.

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Each single file must be less than 4MB (or you won't be able to upload). The total combined size of all files in all fields can exceed this.
And also Wizard tool tells me i'm eligible to apply from International Mobility Program(IMP) but my country is not associated with Contract with Canada and I'm from country which Borders India. is it there short list of documents been asked in online application because my come to canada wizard tool have tells i eligible to apply through IMP?It is really a headache,why couldn't be there just guide in online to apply for Work Permit/Study etc differently without wizard personal reference code.

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Online Application have these Supporting Documents requirements:
  1. Employment Reference Letter (required)
  2. Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from ESDC
  3. Employment Records
  4. Passport
  5. CV/résumé
  6. Digital photo
  7. Family Information (IMM5645)
  8. Employment Contract
  9. Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered
For Optional Documents:
  1. Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
  2. Client Information
I need some clarification and i hope you can assist me in this...
Employment Reference Letter & Employment Records differences ?
What shall i provide in this too,Does Employment Records section we shall provide Previous Employment Experience Letters and what about Employment Reference Letters?do we need to provide current employment in this section?In which sections shall we include Salary Cash Voucher as Pay slip?

Proof that you meet the requirement of job being offered?
Should we include Proof of Education like certificates and Mark sheets and also Bank Statements?

Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
We do need TRV do we need to fill it as well?

Client Information?
is it only for letter of explanation if we were unable to submit a documents?

In all this where shall we include Police Clearance Certificate?

I think this is what i need to know,if anyone knows answers i seek then let me know,

Thanks

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
Hi, I am quite unsure about this, so I am answering what I can?
Employment record generally means "what jobs you held in the past", while "Employmeny reference letter" is a letter from past employer detailing duties, salary, work hours, etc. (it is very detailed).

Some jobs require to to have a certification or some level of degree. E.g. if the job is a medical surgeon, it may require some certification...

Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
yes, you need a TRV unless you are from exempt countries

Note: your greatest hurdle will be LMIA, it is a lengthy and expensive process that very few employers are willing to go through (and must be done by an employer before hiring temporary foreign workers.)

Reactions: Sujan Kingston

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hi, I am quite unsure about this, so I am answering what I can?
Employment record generally means "what jobs you held in the past", while "Employmeny reference letter" is a letter from past employer detailing duties, salary, work hours, etc. (it is very detailed).

Some jobs require to to have a certification or some level of degree. E.g. if the job is a medical surgeon, it may require some certification...

yes, you need a TRV unless you are from exempt countries

Note: your greatest hurdle will be LMIA, it is a lengthy and expensive process that very few employers are willing to go through (and must be done by an employer before hiring temporary foreign workers.)
Thanks for the info.

hbaotrong

Mar 29, 2019
Hi Suijan,

I am applying the online work permit application and facing the same questions as you did.
Could you please share how did you fulfill the required documents?

Thank you.

Online Application have these Supporting Documents requirements:
  1. Employment Reference Letter (required)
  2. Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from ESDC
  3. Employment Records
  4. Passport
  5. CV/résumé
  6. Digital photo
  7. Family Information (IMM5645)
  8. Employment Contract
  9. Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered
For Optional Documents:
  1. Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
  2. Client Information
I need some clarification and i hope you can assist me in this...
Employment Reference Letter & Employment Records differences ?
What shall i provide in this too,Does Employment Records section we shall provide Previous Employment Experience Letters and what about Employment Reference Letters?do we need to provide current employment in this section?In which sections shall we include Salary Cash Voucher as Pay slip?

Should we include Proof of Education like certificates and Mark sheets and also Bank Statements?

We do need TRV do we need to fill it as well?

Client Information?
is it only for letter of explanation if we were unable to submit a documents?

In all this where shall we include Police Clearance Certificate?

I think this is what i need to know,if anyone knows answers i seek then let me know,

Thanks