+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Application inside Canada (Implied Visitors Record Status)

Sep 19, 2020
Dear Immigration Officer,

I am writing this letter to explain my points as follows.

• I have currently applied for a visitor’s record to extend my stay in Canada upon expiry of my Post Graduate Work Permit which was on June 30, 2020.
  • In the Month of January 2020, I unfortunately lost my job as a Technical Service Representative, where I started working in the month of September 2019.
  • Upon this scenario, I started looking for jobs related to my field in Information Technology and other types of jobs as well.
  • As time progressed, I got calls from employers for interviews but it all got cancelled due to the impact of Covid-19.
  • At one point of time from March 2020 to May 2020, most of employers froze their hiring due to Covid-19.
Off late I have been following the newsletters from the IRCC, stating that visitors in Canada can apply for a Work Permit provided they have a job offer and an LMIA. As businesses are starting to get to its positions, I see a lot of opportunities coming up for tech workers and other industries. When intending to apply for jobs in general, employers need their candidates to have a valid work permit without which the job offers are getting refused.

I have been residing in Canada since September 2018 arriving here as a student at Vancouver Island University in Nanaimo BC. Upon graduating in the year 2019, I applied for my Post Graduate Work Permit which was valid for 1 year as per the terms and condition of IRCC. As there are travel restrictions across the globe due to the increasing Covid-19 cases, I intended to stay back in Canada. As a young resident of Burnaby BC, I feel that I can immensely contribute my knowledge and skills acquired to this country.
It’s with an earnest request to IRCC, to take this situation into consideration and give me another opportunity to apply for a new work permit. If there are any documents required from your end, please contact at your convenience.

Thanking you,
Sreenivasan

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
There are no IRCC agents on this forum...
I doubt they will just start issuing OWPs to visitors - you will still need to go through the correct process to obtain LMIA to be able to work.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

• I have currently applied for a visitor’s record to extend my stay in Canada upon expiry of my Post Graduate Work Permit which was on June 30, 2020.
  • In the Month of January 2020, I unfortunately lost my job as a Technical Service Representative, where I started working in the month of September 2019.
  • Upon this scenario, I started looking for jobs related to my field in Information Technology and other types of jobs as well.
  • As time progressed, I got calls from employers for interviews but it all got cancelled due to the impact of Covid-19.
  • At one point of time from March 2020 to May 2020, most of employers froze their hiring due to Covid-19.
Off late I have been following the newsletters from the IRCC, stating that visitors in Canada can apply for a Work Permit provided they have a job offer and an LMIA. As businesses are starting to get to its positions, I see a lot of opportunities coming up for tech workers and other industries. When intending to apply for jobs in general, employers need their candidates to have a valid work permit without which the job offers are getting refused.

I have been residing in Canada since September 2018 arriving here as a student at Vancouver Island University in Nanaimo BC. Upon graduating in the year 2019, I applied for my Post Graduate Work Permit which was valid for 1 year as per the terms and condition of IRCC. As there are travel restrictions across the globe due to the increasing Covid-19 cases, I intended to stay back in Canada. As a young resident of Burnaby BC, I feel that I can immensely contribute my knowledge and skills acquired to this country.
It’s with an earnest request to IRCC, to take this situation into consideration and give me another opportunity to apply for a new work permit. If there are any documents required from your end, please contact at your convenience.

Thanking you,
Sreenivasan
There is no immigration officier here. None of us are associated with IRCC.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Thanking you,
Sreenivasan
Also, do consult a lawyer. The stuff you are writing may be troublesome for you as a temporary resident. If you are short of money, seek pro-bono advice from some immigration lawyer.