+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit application-HELP!

heavens

Jan 4, 2009
Hello everyone, i am a newbie here. Hope anybody can help me on my present situation.
I got a job offer from Banff, Alberta, Canada as laundry woman. I grab this job since it's always been my dream to go to Canada.
My employer sent me the LMO together with the job contract. I accomplished all the documents needed for work permit application.
I submitted these documents:

1. LMO
2. Job contract
3. Employment certificates
4. School credentials
5. Photocopy of passports
6. Photocopy of my S-Pass (since i am working here in Singapore)

....i submitted these documents last Nov. 25, 2008 but until now i got no reply yet from the embassy. I haven't receive a notice yet for medical. Guys, i am so worried why until now i haven't receive such thing yet where in fact when i checked in their website regarding processing times of work permit, i found out it will takes 28days only but 14% of such time. What do you mean by this? What will i do? Anybody could help me please. Do i need a lawyer or agent in order to expedite my application? Nowadays, I can't sleep well thinking of the right ways to do and because i am afraid also that my employer can't wait for me anymore and he might replace me for another applicant. Please really need you advices. Whom i must approach to regarding this problem?

Waiting for your soonest replies. God bless!

Heavens

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think if they say 14% in 28 days means that only 14% of applications are completed within 28 days so you might have to wait a bit longer.

heavens

Jan 4, 2009
Hi Leon, is there any other means that i can expedite my application? So far, how long it would it takes to process the said application (work permit)? Do i need to hire for an agent or lawyer? Really need you advice.

Thanks and more power to you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you can make it faster. I don't know how long it will take. You can hire a lawyer if you want but they can not make it faster either.

heavens

Jan 4, 2009
OK, thank you so much for your reply Leon. How about my employer, he cannot make anything in order to expedite the process?

heavens

Jan 4, 2009
To confusedme, i sent you a reply on your account but i think your inbox is already full so you cannot receive any messages at all.
Please delete some. Thanks.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
If you want,I can help explain the case,But there is no such thing as expedite,Even If an Alberta MLA intervenes,That is not the Canadian way

heavens

Jan 4, 2009
To BCGuy, i am just worried why it takes so long. I haven't receive a medical referral yet. Please, really need your help.
What should i do? I am afraid that my employer can't wait me anymore and he might replace me with another applicant.

Thanks in advance.

heavens

Jan 4, 2009
TO BCguy, so it means nothing to worry about? Do you have any idea why it takes so long? I mean we already have a confirmed job when we arrive there; we have a genuine employer...i am just curious why it takes up to 1yr.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
So many people lined up wanting to work for the RICH Albertans,One of the richest per capita territories in the world