+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit application has been refused

jaisa

Apr 7, 2014
hi all, i am new to this forum..
please read my sad story.....

i got married in aug 30th 2013.my husband is in canada and now i am in india. my husband applied for spousal work permit on feb 17th 2014. but my application has been refused on march 27th 2014. now my current status in the cic account shows that process closed and has been refused. but my agent was informed that, the will send a letter regarding the reason(s). but it has become 10 days.till this date i haven't received any letter or email. no any way to know the reason.when will i get the letter?whether it is regular mail or via courier?
we are planning to reapply.
is there any chance for fetting the work permit. whether the first refusal will adversly affect the second application.

if anyone faced the same situation please reply me.........i am so disapponited.....please help me..........please

jaisa

Apr 7, 2014
whether anyone's spousal work permit application has been rejected? pleaase inform me

thanx in advance

can854

Oct 21, 2013
What is ur husband's profile. his job category , pay and how long his work permit is valid

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
What were the reasons given for the refusal? Lack of strong ties to home, does not think you will leave Canada before expiry of visa, travel history, purpose of travel?? Sadly, it happens to a lot of good, honest people. You can order GCMS notes that the Visa Officer writes which provides more detailed information than the checklist refusal letter. I think this is probably what your agent has already done. It will take at least a month, so you will have a few more weeks to wait. Good Luck.

jaisa

Apr 7, 2014
Pippin said:
What were the reasons given for the refusal? Lack of strong ties to home, does not think you will leave Canada before expiry of visa, travel history, purpose of travel?? Sadly, it happens to a lot of good, honest people. You can order GCMS notes that the Visa Officer writes which provides more detailed information than the checklist refusal letter. I think this is probably what your agent has already done. It will take at least a month, so you will have a few more weeks to wait. Good Luck.
thank u for ur valuable reply
i was not provided with any refusal reasons.....still waiting for the letter hopefully....

to my knowledge, my agent didnt apply for gcms. if am going to order gcms notes, it wil take one more month from today....right...?

so when can i reapply...? afetr 1 month?
its so sad...dat, i expected i can reapply in these days and wil be with my sweet husband before june itself..........

is it good to wait fo 1 more month for gcms notes before reapplying

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Yes it is best to wait until you know exactly why you were refused and it does take about a month from the time you order GCMS. During that time, look at your situation and think of ways you could strengthen your position. Ask the agent to read you the letter and email a copy now.

varunsabhlok

Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
02-08-2014
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
You can also consider applying for the Dependant Visitor visa to come to Canada. And then apply for Open Work Permit from within Canada provided your husband works in one of the NOC O,A or B category skill.

HTH