+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit application from country of residence, VAC in Philippines

miucchi

Aug 11, 2021
Anyone here who applied a work permit or SOWP from their country of residence but the visa office that processes it is in Philippines?

My husband and I applied from Japan. He is a Japanese, I'm a non-Japanese. He applied for an employer specific work permit, while an open work permit for me. We applied on July 14. His application got approved on August 5. Mine is still processing. Here's what I see in the IRCC account.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results: July 23, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
  • Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: July 20, 2021 Completed.
  • Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
We are both very anxious and worried that I cannot get the decision on time for our flight on September 22. Anyone with experience with Philippine VAC from their country of residence? Thank you.

miucchi

Aug 11, 2021
Philippines are really slow just like Brazil. I would check on the airplane company to see if you can reschedule.
So you think it is impossible that I will get decision before September 22? :(
Are the processing dates on the IRCC website accurate? For applications from Japan, it says 8 weeks.
But I'm worried because as you said, maybe Philippines visa office is slow in processing applications. :(

Aug 6, 2021
So you think it is impossible that I will get decision before September 22? :(
Are the processing dates on the IRCC website accurate? For applications from Japan, it says 8 weeks.
But I'm worried because as you said, maybe Philippines visa office is slow in processing applications. :(
I wouldn't count on this. I know people that are stuck in Brazil for 5 months after the partner goes to Canada. All waiting for the OWP.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Anyone here who applied a work permit or SOWP from their country of residence but the visa office that processes it is in Philippines?

My husband and I applied from Japan. He is a Japanese, I'm a non-Japanese. He applied for an employer specific work permit, while an open work permit for me. We applied on July 14. His application got approved on August 5. Mine is still processing. Here's what I see in the IRCC account.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results: July 23, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
  • Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: July 20, 2021 Completed.
  • Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
We are both very anxious and worried that I cannot get the decision on time for our flight on September 22. Anyone with experience with Philippine VAC from their country of residence? Thank you.
I applied on 26 april and one of my friend applied 2 weeks later then me. He received his wife's PPR on 5 august and his own on today (16 august) our visa office is Abu Dhabi. Processing of applications these days is strange and does not count on what IRCC shows about expected times

zzzman

Sep 3, 2020
Canada
I applied on 26 april and one of my friend applied 2 weeks later then me. He received his wife's PPR on 5 august and his own on today (16 august) our visa office is Abu Dhabi. Processing of applications these days is strange and does not count on what IRCC shows about expected times
Hi,
Could you share the timeline, application type, and visa office of your friend's application if you know and don't mind sharing?
Thanks and appreciated.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hi,
Could you share the timeline, application type, and visa office of your friend's application if you know and don't mind sharing?
Thanks and appreciated.
He applied for postdoc LMIA exempt with his wife (visitor visa) and 3 kids

Applied on 11 May
Biometric 12 may
Medical 28 may
Additional documents 25 june(some documents for kids)
PPR 5 august (wife and 1 kid)
PPR 16 august (his own and 2 kids)

I hope this will help you

Reactions: zzzman

miucchi

Aug 11, 2021
Have you received yours? With your friend, so it still took more 13 to 15 weeks for theirs to be approved. Wow. :(

miucchi

Aug 11, 2021
No, I am waiting for mine. According to visa office, my application is in queue to review
I saw your signature that you applied for a postdoctoral fellowship. My husband applied for a clinical fellowship. I am also going to do a clinical fellowship but I still have not received my documents from the hospital that's why we decided to apply for an open work permit for me along with my husband's application. I also saw that you were asked for a police certificate. I might be asked also since I am a non-Japanese citizen but been living in Japan for 3 years.

I hope you get good news soon!

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
I saw your signature that you applied for a postdoctoral fellowship. My husband applied for a clinical fellowship. I am also going to do a clinical fellowship but I still have not received my documents from the hospital that's why we decided to apply for an open work permit for me along with my husband's application. I also saw that you were asked for a police certificate. I might be asked also since I am a non-Japanese citizen but been living in Japan for 3 years.

I hope you get good news soon!
Thank you.

I didnot recieve any request for police certificate. However because I found it is a local.visa office requirement, so I already got it prepared and submitted it through webform

miucchi

Aug 11, 2021
Thank you.

I didnot recieve any request for police certificate. However because I found it is a local.visa office requirement, so I already got it prepared and submitted it through webform
I see. When we get the passport request, it means that our application is approved, is that correct?