+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit application and covid-19

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Same situation here. Applied Jan. 30 with valid biometrics. I am still waiting. 89th day per published processing time has already passed. Will give them a couple more days before I inquire via the webform.
Please, write here short comment when you will receive your decision. Maybe it will help me and other ppl better understand current timeline. Thank you!

zephyr785

May 2, 2018
Please, write here short comment when you will receive your decision. Maybe it will help me and other ppl better understand current timeline. Thank you!
Got approval for my WP today! Submitted online Jan. 30, approved Apr. 30, so 3 months processing time, inland LMIA-based.

Reactions: ValeriaS

marrymechrispratt

Apr 27, 2020
Received this letter via online account today.

"Please be advised that due to the exceptional circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only processing critical temporary resident applications at this time. Once we return to a normal state, your application will be reviewed as soon as possible. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your understanding."

Applied March 19 online from USA. Not sure what's deemed critical, but looks like the bulk of WP processing in US is not happening.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Received this letter via online account today.

"Please be advised that due to the exceptional circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only processing critical temporary resident applications at this time. Once we return to a normal state, your application will be reviewed as soon as possible. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your understanding."

Applied March 19 online from USA. Not sure what's deemed critical, but looks like the bulk of WP processing in US is not happening.
Oh this sad :( I hope they will return to their normal schedule asap.

Fptw

Apr 11, 2020
I have inquired a number of times and even submitted a letter from my employer indicating the position was an essential service after she spoke with the Canadian government - still have heard nothing. So, the US offices aren’t processing anything?

robkin

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
United States
I have inquired a number of times and even submitted a letter from my employer indicating the position was an essential service after she spoke with the Canadian government - still have heard nothing. So, the US offices aren’t processing anything?
I don't think anyone knows for sure but it seems like they aren't.

Also there was some not so promising news about CBSA applying its own set of non-published rules for entry into Canada:
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2020/05/03/canadians-with-foreign-national-spouses-face-obstacles-at-border.html

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
I got my closed WP approval! In-land.
Applied with biometrics Feb 19th, the decision was made May 1st. 72 days!
Congratulations on your success.

Reactions: ValeriaS

Sgseeker

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Hi, I applied March 21, 2020 online.. no update since then.. its Been 121 days now.Does anyone who got there work permit approval recently? please share you timeline. Thanks

Reactions: moonjuice