+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit applicant's wife wants to tag along to canada

agatha

Jan 3, 2008
Hi PMM,

Yup, actually I noticed that phrase about job levels A, O or C. However, when I read the rule again, it said " the spouse can only apply for a work permit in canada without an LMO " so, correct my interpretation on that phrase if I'm wrong but did it not say that the applicants job level (A,O or C) is needed only if the spouse will apply for work permit without an LMO. I am also not very sure that is why I am verifying. Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

agatha said:
Hi PMM,

Yup, actually I noticed that phrase about job levels A, O or C. However, when I read the rule again, it said " the spouse can only apply for a work permit in canada without an LMO " so, correct my interpretation on that phrase if I'm wrong but did it not say that the applicants job level (A,O or C) is needed only if the spouse will apply for work permit without an LMO. I am also not very sure that is why I am verifying. Thanks.
If the WP holder's job level is less than A,B or O, then to obtain a work permit, the employer would have to obtain an approved LMO for the spouse to be able to apply for a work permit. The spouse would then have to apply overseas or at a Border Port of Entry (if no medical required) for a work permit.

PMM

agatha

Jan 3, 2008
Ok, I will bear that in mind. You are right, if I come along with my husband, I or we would have to show proof that we have sufficient funds to support my stay as a dependent. Thanks for your replies..