+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit and TRV

canadawp2020

Sep 26, 2020
I am traveling to Canada now. As in my application, ircc approved the work application and I already have TRV to travel
Hi @minhas23, I got my approval letter as well and did not receive request for passport (I am guessing because I have visitor TRV already). However, my approval letter says "If you are from a country/territory which requires a temporary resident visa (TRV) ( ), you have also been issued a visa. This visa has been affixed in your passport, and is valid for multiple visits to Canada until it expires". Did you receive a similar letter? Thanks!

minhas23

Mar 13, 2020
Hi @minhas23, I got my approval letter as well and did not receive request for passport (I am guessing because I have visitor TRV already). However, my approval letter says "If you are from a country/territory which requires a temporary resident visa (TRV) ( ), you have also been issued a visa. This visa has been affixed in your passport, and is valid for multiple visits to Canada until it expires". Did you receive a similar letter? Thanks!
Yes, I had received the same.
I entered Canada today and got the work permit but the immigration office was slightly reluctant and he said I should have traveled on exact visa. But he issued me the work permit

canadawp2020

Sep 26, 2020
I entered Canada today and got the work permit but the immigration office was slightly reluctant and he said I should have traveled on exact visa. But he issued me the work permit
Thanks for the update and glad to hear you were able to obtain your work permit. A couple more final questions:

1. Did you face any troubles explaining this to the airline? Did you carry any written confirmation for this?
2. Would you mind sharing what other questions were asked by the border agent?

Thanks a ton!

minhas23

Mar 13, 2020
Thanks for the update and glad to hear you were able to obtain your work permit. A couple more final questions:

1. Did you face any troubles explaining this to the airline? Did you carry any written confirmation for this?
2. Would you mind sharing what other questions were asked by the border agent?

Thanks a ton!
1. I traveled from India through Air India and they do proper checking of documents. They allowed be boarding. I carried IRCC letter of introduction, job offer letter and letter from employer that I will join after landing. Other than that I carried all supporting documents.
2. Border agent just asked how you got visitor visa for work. I said its existing TRV and I am asked to get permit here. Then after consulting his colleague, he issued me the permit. He had not faced this scenario before. In India, immigration officer just asked purpose and saw letter of introduction and allowed

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Please what questions about your work permit did the officer ask you?

canadawp2020

Sep 26, 2020
1. I traveled from India through Air India and they do proper checking of documents. They allowed be boarding. I carried IRCC letter of introduction, job offer letter and letter from employer that I will join after landing. Other than that I carried all supporting documents.
2. Border agent just asked how you got visitor visa for work. I said its existing TRV and I am asked to get permit here. Then after consulting his colleague, he issued me the permit. He had not faced this scenario before. In India, immigration officer just asked purpose and saw letter of introduction and allowed
Thank you, that is extremely helpful.

Caribemar

Sep 24, 2020
thank you for sharing this information with us

Reactions: FerasZain

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
HI all,

My work permit and wife open work permit with is approved along with kids, we sent the passport and yesterday I received port of entry letter IMM 5812

Is that all we need to enter Canada? Do we need another authorization letter?

Thank you

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Hello all,
Need an advice I am on work permit in Canada.
Applying for Open work permit for my wife & visitor visa for my child as he is just 1 year old.

So, my doubt is which visa type option should i select while filling the questionnaire for my child of 1 year old.
Visit - all other types
Or
Visit - Tourism

Thanks in advance.

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hello all,
Need an advice I am on work permit in Canada.
Applying for Open work permit for my wife & visitor visa for my child as he is just 1 year old.

So, my doubt is which visa type option should i select while filling the questionnaire for my child of 1 year old.
Visit - all other types
Or
Visit - Tourism

Thanks in advance.
Late reply....but you should select Visit - all other types

Hadii

Feb 6, 2021
Hi All,

I have applied for work permit/TRV from Singapore and currently I am waiting for my application processing time. I have applied on 1st Dec 2020, it has been 2 months or so. I have completed the Biometrics as well as Medical steps in Singapore.
Now due to some family urgency, I need to visit Pakistan, and probably due to COVID situation I may stuck there for a while. Meanwhile if I get the passport request 1) can I get the visa stamping in Pakistan? 2) Should I update my address as well?

Please advice on this?
Many thanks and appreciate your response.

Millgu

Jul 24, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have got a job which is exempted from the LMIA i.e. Charity and religious work.
I have got done my bio-metrics and medical in January 2021.
Can anyone guide what is the next step in the process?
If I get work permit under LMIA exempt category and I work for more than a year in ON, will I be considered as an experienced class category for PR?

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hello everyone,

I have got a job which is exempted from the LMIA i.e. Charity and religious work.
I have got done my bio-metrics and medical in January 2021.
Can anyone guide what is the next step in the process?
If I get work permit under LMIA exempt category and I work for more than a year in ON, will I be considered as an experienced class category for PR?
Well, some of them do fall under NOC A, so that would make it eligible for CEC:

Ministers of Religion (NOC 4154 A)
Other Religious Occupations (NOC 4217 B)