+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit and TRV for self and family

ravi270676

Jan 29, 2010
Hi, I am an Indian citizen. I have come to Canada with TRV and work permit. My wife also holds the open work permit and my son only visitor visa.
My TRV is getting expired in March-2010. While my work permit will expire in August-2010. I will get an extension of my work permit for another year or so.

So on this base i have certain question.
1) After my work permit extension, do i need to renew my TRV as well..?
2) Since my wife has open work permit and will expire in august-2010 and after that she will not have either work permit or valid TRV , so what is recommended for her to stay in Canada..??
3) My son visa will expire in March-2010, do i need to renew his TRV while being in Canada
4) After March-2010, if i plan to visit US with family, would that be possible for me to go there with visitor visa and return back to canada. Remember by the time my TRV will be expired, but i will have valid work permit for Canada.

Kindly answer me all the queries, as i am really confused on all these stuff.

Thanks,

Ravi :(

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ravi270676 said:
Hi, I am an Indian citizen. I have come to Canada with TRV and work permit. My wife also holds the open work permit and my son only visitor visa.
My TRV is getting expired in March-2010. While my work permit will expire in August-2010. I will get an extension of my work permit for another year or so.

1) After my work permit extension, do i need to renew my TRV as well..? Yes, if you want to be able to exit Canada and enter later.
2) Since my wife has open work permit and will expire in august-2010 and after that she will not have either work permit or valid TRV , so what is recommended for her to stay in Canada..?? She can request extension of her WP/TRV if you are successful in extending your WP/TRV.
3) My son visa will expire in March-2010, do i need to renew his TRV while being in Canada. Request extension.
4) After March-2010, if i plan to visit US with family, would that be possible for me to go there with visitor visa and return back to canada. Remember by the time my TRV will be expired, but i will have valid work permit for Canada. Extend WP/TRV first before you leave Canada to be sure you can enter again.

Thanks,

Also you can talk to a CIC agent if there are questions that you really need clarification. All the best.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have WP for next one yr but my visa expired.Can I renew my visa while staying in canada. if yes, how? So I can cross border and return back?
Thanks,

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
tim50 said:
I have WP for next one yr but my visa expired.Can I renew my visa while staying in canada. if yes, how? So I can cross border and return back?
Thanks,
Apply for a TRV at a Canadian Consulate in the US.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSALL

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This requires to send passpots out of the country. Is it legal to send passports ? How much time it will take to get vsa?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
tim50 said:
This requires to send passpots out of the country. Is it legal to send passports ? How much time it will take to get vsa?

Do you have a visa to the US? If you have you can probably go to the nearest Canadian consulate and apply from there. I am not aware how long a TRV (worker visa) application is, but in NYC, you can apply for a TRV (visitor visa) in the morning and can wait for it. Passport sent outside Canada? Done all the time because you can only apply for a visa to a Canadian Consulate/Embassy outside Canada.

ange1uis

Nov 8, 2018
Dominican Republic
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......

1) After my work permit extension, do i need to renew my TRV as well..?
2) Since my wife has open work permit and will expire in august-2010 and after that she will not have either work permit or valid TRV , so what is recommended for her to stay in Canada..??
3) My son visa will expire in March-2010, do i need to renew his TRV while being in Canada
4) After March-2010, if i plan to visit US with family, would that be possible for me to go there with visitor visa and return back to canada. Remember by the time my TRV will be expired, but i will have valid work permit for Canada.

Thanks,

HI Ravi, my wife, baby and I get refused in our first attempt. Can you guide me to what documentation you provided or any tips for success in the next time we apply?

Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
HI Ravi, my wife, baby and I get refused in our first attempt. Can you guide me to what documentation you provided or any tips for success in the next time we apply?

Thanks
So you are asking a question of someone who has not been seen here for 8 years. Probably more chance to get a question answered if yo open your own thread with more detail.