+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit and PR Simultaneously

roohiee

Aug 27, 2018
Hello Guys.

I have query related to PR and Work permit for Canada, I was in Canada on Work permit from sep-2014 to sep-2016 on deputation. Currently I am in india and have started processing for PR and got ITA under CEC class in Mid-July. Now My company is asking me to apply for work permit again. I still have not submitted application for PR which is due in couple of weeks. My query is will it affect if I apply for PR first and then Work permit? What could be justification I need to provide while applying for both at almost same time? Will it pose any problems?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello Guys.

I have query related to PR and Work permit for Canada, I was in Canada on Work permit from sep-2014 to sep-2016 on deputation. Currently I am in india and have started processing for PR and got ITA under CEC class in Mid-July. Now My company is asking me to apply for work permit again. I still have not submitted application for PR which is due in couple of weeks. My query is will it affect if I apply for PR first and then Work permit? What could be justification I need to provide while applying for both at almost same time? Will it pose any problems?
No problems. They are separate processes. "Dual intent" is permitted, you just want to be convincing to IRCC that you understand you must leave at the end of your work permit (remember the work permit applicant is not at all concerned about your PR application, so from that perspective, you are a "temporary" resident - until you actually land as a PR).