+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit after the one year PG diploma in international business @ WinnipegMT

seic1991

Jul 6, 2012
I have heard that there is 1 year work permit after successfully completion of 1 year PG diploma course .

So, my question Can we extend it or Can we get more then one year of work permit after 1 year of PG course in red river college at winnipeg.

All replies are appreciated.

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
Re: Work permit after the one year PG diploma in international business @ WinnipegMT

seic1991 said:
I have heard that there is 1 year work permit after successfully completion of 1 year PG diploma course .

So, my question Can we extend it or Can we get more then one year of work permit after 1 year of PG course in red river college at winnipeg.

Post Graduate Work Permit is issued once in a life time, For less than two years study work permit is equal to the study period. For two or more year period of study work permit is of three years............Try to get into two year course..........

seic1991

Jul 6, 2012
Re: Work permit after the one year PG diploma in international business @ WinnipegMT

momi said:
Post Graduate Work Permit is issued once in a life time, For less than two years study work permit is equal to the study period. For two or more year period of study work permit is of three years............Try to get into two year course..........
momi yaar, I am totally confused buddy.
I am a commerce graduate in India and want to opt PG course due to low %age in graduation.So, suggest me any PG course of two yrs. in business or accounting in Manitoba or Saskatchewan or Alberta side where PR is easy as compared to B.C and toronto.

Thanx for reply yaar.

tiger007

Champion Member

seic1991 said:
I am a commerce graduate in India and want to opt PG course due to low %age in graduation.So, suggest me any PG course of two yrs. in business or accounting in Manitoba or Saskatchewan or Alberta side where PR is easy as compared to B.C and toronto.
Hi,
1. There are NO 2 acad. years/16months/4 sem PG (cert/diploma) college courses in Alberta, Manitoba or Saskatchewan. Either you do 2 years Diploma programmes or go for Master's level programmes in Universities.

2. Agreed that Sask. and Manitoba PNP is easier as compared to major provinces like Ontario and B.C, but Alberta PNP is NOT AT ALL easy. In Alberta PNP International graduate category, one needs to get a skilled job ( NOC O,A or B) that too in their field of study.
(http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-international-graduate-criteria.aspx)

3. Here's the list official links of all immigration programmes available to international students in Canada:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html

4. Since you are enquiring about 1 year PG diploma IB programme of RRC at Winnipeg, I assume you are looking for Business related 2 years PG programmes. There are very few 2 years PG cert/diploma Business related programmes in Canadian colleges.
1. Centennial college, Toronto - 2 years PG GBM
2. Humber college, Toronto - 2 years PG GBM
3. Lambton college, Sarnia - 2 years PG Business Management (General/Accounting, IB, Finance & banking)
4. Lambton college, Toronto campus - same as above but only IB and Finance & Banking options available
5. North island College (NIC), Vancouver Island- 2 years Business management Post degree diploma (with internship)

5. Centennial, Humber and Lambton will NOT give admission to their above said programmes, if you have graduation percentage below 50%. So NIC is the best option in that case. As far as I know, these 2 years PG business programmes in Centennial, Humber, Lambton( Toronto) is nearly full of Indians/desis, and you will feel like you are in some Indian classroom. It's for those who don't mind compromising on the actual Canadian study experience, and care only about 3 years PGWP.

Best of Luck.

***All info provided, is to the best of my knowledge, and you should consult other sources too.

candyman2121

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012

seic1991 said:

try to do 2 courses because then you will be eligible for a 3 years permit...One year permit wont get you nowhere...I have seen many people just going back to their countries because nowdays after Saskatchewan changed their rules, its not easy anymore to apply for PR with a one year permit.....Some options are Nova Scotia and Manitoba PNP but time is scarce.

seic1991

Jul 6, 2012

candyman2121 said:
try to do 2 courses because then you will be eligible for a 3 years permit...One year permit wont get you nowhere...I have seen many people just going back to their countries because nowdays after Saskatchewan changed their rules, its not easy anymore to apply for PR with a one year permit.....Some options are Nova Scotia and Manitoba PNP but time is scarce.

Are you sure that 2 different 1 year study permits of pg diploma courses leads to 3 yr work permit and Is there any less chances of visa success if you apply for 1 year pg course.

clarify it.

seic1991

Jul 6, 2012

tiger007 said:
Hi,
1. There are NO 2 acad. years/16months/4 sem PG (cert/diploma) college courses in Alberta, Manitoba or Saskatchewan. Either you do 2 years Diploma programmes or go for Master's level programmes in Universities.

2. Agreed that Sask. and Manitoba PNP is easier as compared to major provinces like Ontario and B.C, but Alberta PNP is NOT AT ALL easy. In Alberta PNP International graduate category, one needs to get a skilled job ( NOC O,A or B) that too in their field of study.
(http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-international-graduate-criteria.aspx)

3. Here's the list official links of all immigration programmes available to international students in Canada:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html

4. Since you are enquiring about 1 year PG diploma IB programme of RRC at Winnipeg, I assume you are looking for Business related 2 years PG programmes. There are very few 2 years PG cert/diploma Business related programmes in Canadian colleges.
3. Lambton college, Sarnia - 2 years PG Business Management (General/Accounting, IB, Finance & banking)
4. Lambton college, Toronto campus - same as above but only IB and Finance & Banking options available
5. North island College (NIC), Vancouver Island- 2 years Business management Post degree diploma (with internship)

5. Centennial, Humber and Lambton will NOT give admission to their above said programmes, if you have graduation percentage below 50%. So NIC is the best option in that case. As far as I know, these 2 years PG business programmes in Centennial, Humber, Lambton( Toronto) is nearly full of Indians/desis, and you will feel like you are in some Indian classroom. It's for those who don't mind compromising on the actual Canadian study experience, and care only about 3 years PGWP.

Best of Luck.

***All info provided, is to the best of my knowledge, and you should consult other sources too.
thanks a lot Tiger for the such a valuable information.I have one more question, Whats your personal opinion regarding a newbie for canada should go for Toronto where we find more indian and can do cash jobs without ocwp

or

Manitoba is a favorable place economically, job wise and to live

I am not worried about PR because I know it is far away, So i am concentrating on the place where I can earn my livelihood and can also try to earn the tuition fees for the next year.

What you suggest ???? ::)

RSUST

May 4, 2014

candyman2121 said:
Suppose i intend to do a 01 year full time Postgraduate in Winnipeg which will allow me to give a highest 08 month work permit but if i complete my first course & apply for another 01 year course then is it possible to get a 03 year work permit?

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan

tiger007 said:
Hi,

Best of Luck.

Dear, Are you sure that Humber College offer two years PG program in Global Business Management? As per my research it is only of one year. Further, is Centanial College private or public college?

pnitish

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
27-03-2018
AOR Received.
27-03-2018

hello folks, my course is having duration of 3 semesters with 3rd semester of co-op... what would be my PSWP..???

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

It will amount to the duration of two full-time semesters.

pnitish

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
27-03-2018
AOR Received.
27-03-2018

could co-op increases the chances of employment.... as there would be experience of 3-4 months..???

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014

Sir, I am looking to apply in Algonquin College for 2 year diploma course in Public relations in January intake.
I want to ask you , will I be eligible to get 2 year work permit after completion of my course?
will I be able to apply for citizenship after completing 3 years of stay in canada?
Request you to kindly guide me. Thanks!!

FYI:
Public Relations

Ontario College Diploma
2 Years

Program Code: 0468X01FWO

Nirav1218

Oct 10, 2014

Hi if i do ISM one year PG course (total 42 credits ) at fanshawe college and then if i apply for another 1 year PG course then will i get 3 year work permit ?

and One more quetion :

may i take any business related course after Information security management as i did Master of computer science in information technology . will they reject my visa because my study profile is related to computer .
because my sister and brother in law have business (3 provisional store in ontario) ... so i can get easily Job offer letter from them. OR it is restricted to study out of your field ? must i take computer related course after 1 year (Information security management ) PG course . :(
please guys reply