+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit 2020 PGWP

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Did anyone receive a work permit applied on or after February 13, 2020?
Well, according to this guy here:
Applied Feb 14
Approved May 5

Approved for 3 years.

Best of luck everyone!
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-graduate-work-permit-processing-time-pgwp.481328/page-575

They should be processing applications around that time.. Assuming that application timelines are accurate and the same for all applicants.

Reactions: Slim_shady

LeahTheGreat

Apr 30, 2020
I got the biometrics letter the 3 of may and got approved the 5th may, I am waiting the work permit in my mail but has not arrived. I need it ASAP =(. Someone that has received it how many days in the mail?

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
The processing times were 3-4 months BEFORE the pandemic, so don't expect anything soon.
@canuck_in_uk Hi, is there a thread for 2020 PGWP applicants where I can be in touch with people going through similar situation? My friend's cousin applied for her PGWP on Feb 26, 2020 , got a biometrics request in March 2020 but then no movement after that. Not sure if this is normal as it is August 2020 now? She is working full time from the day she applied for her PGWP. Hope that won't be a problem.

LeahTheGreat

Apr 30, 2020
@canuck_in_uk Hi, is there a thread for 2020 PGWP applicants where I can be in touch with people going through similar situation? My friend's cousin applied for her PGWP on Feb 26, 2020 , got a biometrics request in March 2020 but then no movement after that. Not sure if this is normal as it is August 2020 now? She is working full time from the day she applied for her PGWP. Hope that won't be a problem.
Tell her to send a ticket through the IRCC web form, maybe due to covid they are taking longer.

Harjas1997

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
I got the biometrics letter the 3 of may and got approved the 5th may, I am waiting the work permit in my mail but has not arrived. I need it ASAP =(. Someone that has received it how many days in the mail?
after how many days you received the permit ?? I got approved on 6th aug and wondering how long it took ??

LeahTheGreat

Apr 30, 2020
after how many days you received the permit ?? I got approved on 6th aug and wondering how long it took ??
They are supposed to send it right away, 3 days by mail or tops one week, the first work permit got lost in the mail, so they approved us a new one and it arrived within a day, so If you are having delays contact them through the IRCC web form.

Reactions: Harjas1997

Harjas1997

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
They are supposed to send it right away, 3 days by mail or tops one week, the first work permit got lost in the mail, so they approved us a new one and it arrived within a day, so If you are having delays contact them through the IRCC web form.
okay. I will wait till 12/13 Aug and then I will contact them by webform

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am applying for an extension of my open work permit and need your input on this. I have filled the application imm5710e and have a question on the validate button in the application form. Do I need to validate the form while submitting the application online?

Ramann

Aug 10, 2020
Hello
Actually i am caregiver here in canada i came here in 2017 i applied for my pr in june2019 bt i have extend my workpermitt i did not know that time that i can apply for open workpermit with pr so now i have my closed work permit untill october 2021 bt u want to apply for open workpermit .. can i apply for open workpermit if i have my valid closed workpermit ???? Please suggest me

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hello
Actually i am caregiver here in canada i came here in 2017 i applied for my pr in june2019 bt i have extend my workpermitt i did not know that time that i can apply for open workpermit with pr so now i have my closed work permit untill october 2021 bt u want to apply for open workpermit .. can i apply for open workpermit if i have my valid closed workpermit ???? Please suggest me
I don't think so. You can't hold both work permit together.

scmadmad

Aug 11, 2020
Hi Harjas1997, may I ask when did you applied for your work permit?
I applied for mine on April and just curious when can I expect to see my application approved.