+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work On-Campus before receiving final transcript/letter of completion

roissingue

Aug 15, 2020
Hi, I’m here to ask about my right to work on-campus after my last final exam and before receiving my final transcript or a letter that confirms the completion of my program of study.

I’m finishing my last semester and I have a work contract with my University (the end date of my contract goes beyond the end of my studies).

IRCC website doesn’t mention any explicit directive about the topic.
The only coherent information I found is that I must stop working when I stop being considered as a full-time student which still a little bit unclear for me.

I asked the International Office in my University about that and they said that I stop to be considered a full-time student the day when I satisfy all the conditions of my program.

I was wondering if someone has more informations about that or has been through the same case?

Thanks for you help

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Yes, this part is unclear. Essentially, you have the stop working at the first indication of having finished your studies. This could be a Letter of Completion, Final Transcript, etc.

Reactions: roissingue

roissingue

Aug 15, 2020
Yes, this part is unclear. Essentially, you have the stop working at the first indication of having finished your studies. This could be a Letter of Completion, Final Transcript, etc.
Thanks for you answer!
It does basically confirm what the international office consultants told me!