Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
Med's Done....
12-11-2019
Hi all,

My Sister is working fulltime at Walmart and she injured herself at the workplace. She had already completed 18 months at Walmart but now she can not go to work for about two-three months and her work permit expires in Sept. 2020. When the incident happened she was waiting for her two years to complete so she can apply for permanent residence as her CRS is staying at around 445 with one year experience.

My main question is that will these three months period count under her work experience or not??

Any help/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Qualglistok

Dec 2, 2022
Hi, of course, these 3 months should be considered in the work record because she is just on sick leave but is listed as an employee. When I was working at a construction site, I got injured. They didn't want to pay compensation to me and take into account these 3 months while I was in the hospital for work experience. So I went to the lawyers, and they helped me. Only after the trial did the company I worked for pay me double compensation and consider all the months of my sick leave in my work experience. So if your sister has any problems after she returns to the workplace, then go to the lawyers.

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hi all,

My Sister is working fulltime at Walmart and she injured herself at the workplace. She had already completed 18 months at Walmart but now she can not go to work for about two-three months and her work permit expires in Sept. 2020. When the incident happened she was waiting for her two years to complete so she can apply for permanent residence as her CRS is staying at around 445 with one year experience with work injury lawyers.

My main question is that will these three months period count under her work experience or not??

Any help/suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Just wondering if anyone here could help me with a few questions I have?

I've just had my 2nd back operation from the same job, and have just been to see an assessor for GIO regarding my level of permanent disability and compensation.
I have been cleared to go back at my job by my Doctor and their choice of Back To Work people.
I'm just worried that I might be getting hood winked by the big company because I don't know the ins and outs of the law.

1) I did not ask for any compensation, I was told that I had to go to it by GIO or I would forfeit any other claim I had.
I have know idea why they said that.

2) Why did they insist I went there?

3) Anyone else been in this position themselves?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just wondering if anyone here could help me with a few questions I have?

I've just had my 2nd back operation from the same job, and have just been to see an assessor for GIO regarding my level of permanent disability and compensation.
I have been cleared to go back at my job by my Doctor and their choice of Back To Work people.
I'm just worried that I might be getting hood winked by the big company because I don't know the ins and outs of the law.

1) I did not ask for any compensation, I was told that I had to go to it by GIO or I would forfeit any other claim I had.
I have know idea why they said that.

2) Why did they insist I went there?

3) Anyone else been in this position themselves?

Thanks in advance.
Speak with an employment lawyer and have them look over your company policies, company insurance policies, etc. No one here is going to be able to comment since we don't know these details.