+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work in Canada and live in Brazil?

lot.satoru

Aug 9, 2021
Hello! I'm from Brazil but I live and work in Canada now. I'm working on my PR application through PNP but I'm thinking about going back to Brazil. So I was thinking, can I live in Brazil and continue to work for my company here if they want me to? I'm working from home for more than a year anyway.

Also, can I still get the PR through PNP and not live in Canada right away?

Would appreciate any help with these questions. Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello! I'm from Brazil but I live and work in Canada now. I'm working on my PR application through PNP but I'm thinking about going back to Brazil. So I was thinking, can I live in Brazil and continue to work for my company here if they want me to? I'm working from home for more than a year anyway.

Also, can I still get the PR through PNP and not live in Canada right away?

Would appreciate any help with these questions. Thank you!
Whether you can work from Brazil for your company will be entirely up to your company. If they will allow you to work while in Brazil then there are no issues. Note that if you are physically located outside of Canada while working, this will count as foreign work experience and not Canadian work experience.

Whether this impacts a PNP application will depend on which program you plan to apply through.

Reactions: lot.satoru

lot.satoru

Aug 9, 2021
Thank you for your response! My application is under CEC, with a provincial nomination. If I follow through with my application but live outside of Alberta (province through which I got the nomination), will they revoke my PR status?