+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work holiday visas and Bridge Open Work Permit

Aussieaussie!

Mar 12, 2013
I'm from Australia and have recently done a 2 year IEC working holiday visa. It's kinda like an open work permit which is not bound to any employers, the rules state on the goverment website I can apply for the CEC even though my job was under a holiday work visa open permit.

Regarding Bridge Open Work Permit would I be eligible for it? IEC holiday visa's do not allow implied status but seeing the rules with the BWOP I can be on implied status if I applied for a bridge open work permit?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, as long as you meet the rest of the criteria set out for the BOWP and apply within 4 months of your IEC visa running out. Note, you cannot apply before the 4 month period and you cannot apply when the visa has expired.

Good luck.

steveholt

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
jsm0085 said:
Yes, as long as you meet the rest of the criteria set out for the BOWP and apply within 4 months of your IEC visa running out. Note, you cannot apply before the 4 month period and you cannot apply when the visa has expired.

Good luck.
Thanks. I'm going to get my application for CEC finalized and sent off by courier tomorrow so hopefully I have allowed enough time. My permit under the IEC runs out under mid October (technically I believe I could actually wait it out and re-apply for the WHP but CEC seems like a better option for keeping my longer term options open).

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steveholt said:
Thanks. I'm going to get my application for CEC finalized and sent off by courier tomorrow so hopefully I have allowed enough time. My permit under the IEC runs out under mid October (technically I believe I could actually wait it out and re-apply for the WHP but CEC seems like a better option for keeping my longer term options open).
You'll be fine - tons of time to apply for the BOWP... AOR's are being received in roughly 40 days atm.

anni_in

Sep 4, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2013
AOR Received.
16-Jul-2013
Med's Request
31-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
7-Feb-2014 Medical received.: 17-Feb-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
1-Mar-2014
After applying for Bridge Open Work Permit, will the status change to implied status though original work permit expired?