+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Holiday Visa - IEC

subahsingh

Feb 27, 2023
Hi,
I am currently in Canada and have a visitor visa that ends on 18th March 2023, I have received the invitation for the IEC - working holiday visa and completed my application and paid the fees.
However I have not received the biometrics instruction letter yet, I am worried that my process will not be completed before my visitor visa expires.

INCASE : My application is not approved before my visitor visa expires, CAN I stay in Canada on a "applied/maintained" status, until they approve/reject my application? OR do i need to go back to france?

Robertburton

Feb 13, 2023
I just want to say If your visitor visa expires before your IEC application is approved, you may be eligible to stay in Canada under implied status. This means that you can continue to stay in Canada under the same conditions as your previous status (in this case, visitor) while your new application is being processed. However, to qualify for implied status, you must have submitted a valid application for a new work permit or other immigration status before your current status expires.
In your case, since you have already submitted your IEC application and paid the fees, you should be eligible for implied status as long as you have not violated any of the conditions of your current visitor status. You can check the status of your application and the estimated processing times on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.
It's important to note that implied status only applies to the conditions of your previous status, and does not allow you to work or study in Canada unless your new work or study permit application is approved. If your application is rejected, you would need to leave Canada before your implied status expires.
If you have any further concerns or questions, it's best to contact IRCC or a qualified immigration lawyer for advice specific to your situation. Kohl's Feedback

Last edited: