Work history

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Hi guys,

I'm currently filling out work history section of EE. Below is my work history

1) 2011-2012 Insurance company
2) 2013-Oct 2014 Power plant
3) Nov 2014-Present Oil field (NOC 8232)

Below are my questions:
1) Do I need to reflect all 3 jobs or only job#3 in work history section considering that it is 4 years?
2) Since I work in oil field, my work hours vary between lower and higher extremes without any pattern. What number of hours per week should I mention? Is reflecting this point in reference letter going to suffice?
3) Again for same Job#3, my actual job role and responsibilities have stayed the same in last 4 years (satisfying NOC) but my title has changed. Does that matter?
4) The company I joined merged with another company 2 years back and is now a combined company. Does that detail need to be mentioned somewhere? Should I divide my work experience to reflect experiences in pre-merger company and post-merger company? My job stayed the same though.

Looking forward to your input. Thank you

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi guys,

I'm currently filling out work history section of EE. Below is my work history

1) 2011-2012 Insurance company
2) 2013-Oct 2014 Power plant
3) Nov 2014-Present Oil field (NOC 8232)

Below are my questions:
1) Do I need to reflect all 3 jobs or only job#3 in work history section considering that it is 4 years?
2) Since I work in oil field, my work hours vary between lower and higher extremes without any pattern. What number of hours per week should I mention? Is reflecting this point in reference letter going to suffice?
3) Again for same Job#3, my actual job role and responsibilities have stayed the same in last 4 years (satisfying NOC) but my title has changed. Does that matter?
4) The company I joined merged with another company 2 years back and is now a combined company. Does that detail need to be mentioned somewhere? Should I divide my work experience to reflect experiences in pre-merger company and post-merger company? My job stayed the same though.

Looking forward to your input. Thank you
Only the job you are claiming points for should be included in your work history. All other job experiences should be in your Personal History.
Ensure that the NOC for the job you're claiming points for matches with the job description in the job reference letter you are including with your application.

Reactions: ange1o and ibtee

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Only the job you are claiming points for should be included in your work history. All other job experiences should be in your Personal History.
Ensure that the NOC for the job you're claiming points for matches with the job description in the job reference letter you are including with your application.
Ok thanks. However, the personal history section becomes available post-ITA stage, right?

My EE profile has an option in 'Candidate information' section to 'View dependents' and that only lists my spouse even though I told them that my number of dependents is 5 (including my children). Is that normal?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Ok thanks. However, the personal history section becomes available post-ITA stage, right?

My EE profile has an option in 'Candidate information' section to 'View dependents' and that only lists my spouse even though I told them that my number of dependents is 5 (including my children). Is that normal?
Yes Personal History becomes available post ITA.
Maybe the Candidate Information Pre ITA only asks for Spouses information, which makes sense. (dk for sure as I applied as a single applicant).

Reactions: ibtee

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW

Personal history will appear once you receive ITA.

For your other query, if you’re attaching appointment letter which is discrepant to the reference letter, you can explain this being as a result of merger

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Personal history will appear once you receive ITA.

For your other query, if you’re attaching appointment letter which is discrepant to the reference letter, you can explain this being as a result of merger
Can you please elaborate what you mean in the 2nd sentence? Also would ask if you have any response for Q2? Thanks again

maple06

Nov 16, 2018
I am new to this forum and am trying to submit my Express entry profile and have a doubt on the question related to my spouse Work history.

My spouse has 10 plus years of experience. Do we need to update his work experience or can we say 'No'. Will it be considered as misinterpretation of facts?

In that case we do not need to get reference letters and also as per my understanding from this forum his work experience [non-Canadian experience] doesn't give any additional points.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Can you please elaborate what you mean in the 2nd sentence? Also would ask if you have any response for Q2? Thanks again
I mean for work experience you’re required to provide reference letter but generally one submits additional documents such as pay slips, salary statements and appointment letter. In case you attached the appointment letter, it will carry the old name since you joined before merger. So only that discrepancy may need to be taken care of. I may be overthinking I’m sure you will be fine.

For Q2, if your work hours are more than 30 hrs per week, you can mention “Minimum 30 Hrs”. That’s what I’ve done put a heading type of employment and mentioned full time (Minimum 40 hrs per week).

Reactions: ibtee

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
I am new to this forum and am trying to submit my Express entry profile and have a doubt on the question related to my spouse Work history.

My spouse has 10 plus years of experience. Do we need to update his work experience or can we say 'No'. Will it be considered as misinterpretation of facts?

In that case we do not need to get reference letters and also as per my understanding from this forum his work experience [non-Canadian experience] doesn't give any additional points.

Please advice.

Thanks.
No need to mention in EE profile. Post ITA you can specify these details in spouse personal history. This will not be misrepresentation.
No reference letters required.

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
I mean for work experience you’re required to provide reference letter but generally one submits additional documents such as pay slips, salary statements and appointment letter. In case you attached the appointment letter, it will carry the old name since you joined before merger. So only that discrepancy may need to be taken care of. I may be overthinking I’m sure you will be fine.

For Q2, if your work hours are more than 30 hrs per week, you can mention “Minimum 30 Hrs”. That’s what I’ve done put a heading type of employment and mentioned full time (Minimum 40 hrs per week).
I'm thinking I can mention it in the reference letter as well in the company intro. For example, company X formed in 2017 (Formerly, company Y and company Z) deals with manufacturing etc etc. What do you think? However, by mentioning the merger, I'm not sure if my data entry of mentioning a single job experience will stay valid or not. Because then it becomes two different companies, right? Did you attach payslips, salary statements, appointment letter to cover some discrepancy or as additional supporting documents?

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
I'm thinking I can mention it in the reference letter as well in the company intro. For example, company X formed in 2017 (Formerly, company Y and company Z) deals with manufacturing etc etc. What do you think? However, by mentioning the merger, I'm not sure if my data entry of mentioning a single job experience will stay valid or not. Because then it becomes two different companies, right? Did you attach payslips, salary statements, appointment letter to cover some discrepancy or as additional supporting documents?
I have a reference letter which carries all details except salary. So I’m attaching salary certificate, appointment letter and few random pay slips. I’m not sure if I should attached salary account statements as POF is being covered from another savings account.

Viz1904

Jun 12, 2020

Please advice.

Thanks.
Need help for the same did you got any problem by remove it from work history.

ange1o

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hi. Can I claim points for all NOC types (i.e. A, B, C, and D)?