+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work history vs Personal History

Yusrah

Jun 22, 2020
Hi Everyone!
In my Work History I have entered the 3 employments that provided me points.
In my Personal History, I would like to put all the employment and internship I have done during the last 10 years, that includes the 3 jobs I have entered in the Work History with NOC but also other student jobs and internships.

I did not enter my student jobs and internship in my work history because they do not add points and the most important it will very difficult to receive a letter for employers for those.

My question is:

Can I have an employment (job and internship) in Personal History that I did not enter in my Work History?

Example: 3 lines in Work History and 10 lines labelled as "Employment" in Personal History

Yusrah

Jun 22, 2020
Thank you!

So just to I will not have to provide letter from employer for jobs that I have entered only in my personal history?

And that does not invalid my request? I can have jobs that do not appear in my work history?

Stephzer

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
What if I have mentioned it on the work history section even though it does not give me points? I put NOC C for that specific job. Can I send a web form requesting for that job to be removed and left only for personal history?

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Hi Everyone!
In my Work History I have entered the 3 employments that provided me points.
In my Personal History, I would like to put all the employment and internship I have done during the last 10 years, that includes the 3 jobs I have entered in the Work History with NOC but also other student jobs and internships.

I did not enter my student jobs and internship in my work history because they do not add points and the most important it will very difficult to receive a letter for employers for those.

My question is:

Can I have an employment (job and internship) in Personal History that I did not enter in my Work History?

Example: 3 lines in Work History and 10 lines labelled as "Employment" in Personal History
Yes you definitely can. Anything you put in Work History section must be supported by a document in the upload section. To avoid this, you can simply omit anything that doesn't give you points from the Work History section, but to disclose them in your Personal History section.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
What if I have mentioned it on the work history section even though it does not give me points? I put NOC C for that specific job. Can I send a web form requesting for that job to be removed and left only for personal history?
Which stage are you at? if you only registered (i.e. entered the pool), then you can simply log in and update it by removing them yourself.

Sjunior01

Sep 5, 2019
i have already received an ITA, i have a job on my work history that i wish to remove and put in personnal history, will that cause an issue? removing this work experience won't affect my score