+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work History v/s Address History

jetsons

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am going through my application post ITA and have a doubt:
In my previous experience i.e. from 2012-2015, I was working as a consultant. Hence although my employer was located in New York, I was working at the client location in Texas. Hence from 2012-2015 under the Work History section my employer address points to New York whereas under Address History section for the same time period all my addresses point to Texas.
I am planning to write an LOE , explaining my situation. In addition to this, do I need to upload any documents under Work history section justifying my situation. For example since I am on an Visa, should I upload my LCA? That is the only document that I have proving it.

Is anyone in the same boat? I am not sure if I am over thinking the situation but please set me straight, any pointers will be useful.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

In my previous experience i.e. from 2012-2015, I was working as a consultant. Hence although my employer was located in New York, I was working at the client location in Texas. Hence from 2012-2015 under the Work History section my employer address points to New York whereas under Address History section for the same time period all my addresses point to Texas.
I am planning to write an LOE , explaining my situation. In addition to this, do I need to upload any documents under Work history section justifying my situation. For example since I am on an Visa, should I upload my LCA? That is the only document that I have proving it.

Is anyone in the same boat? I am not sure if I am over thinking the situation but please set me straight, any pointers will be useful.
You are overthinking the situation. It’s quite common for employers to be based of headquartered in one location and employees to be working in another location. There is no harm in explaining in the LOE, but you probably don’t need to talk about your authorization to work in the US. Afterall, Texas and New York are in the same country.

sarastone

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi Guys,

Hello

I am in the similar situation. My employer is in Michigan but I worked in Maryland as contractor. and my address history shows Maryland where as my Work history shows location as Michigan. Can you please let me know what did you do in your situation?