+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work history question: 2 positions in same company

sunshinejan

Jul 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I have held 2 positions in the company I am currently working, but in my EE profile I haven't split this employment info into 2 separate records.
Because both positions are in the same NOC code, I didn't even think of splitting it.

I have filled this information in the personal history in the e-APR though.
Do you think that's enough?

OR should I fill in 2 separate records in the e-APR, mentioning the 2 positions in the same company?

* I have only one employment letter, but it states that I have held 2 positions stating job description, position title and dates for each of the two positions. But the salary is mentioned only for the current position.

Please advise.
THANK YOU

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
sunshinejan said:
Hi guys,
I have held 2 positions in the company I am currently working, but in my EE profile I haven't split this employment info into 2 separate records.
Because both positions are in the same NOC code, I didn't even think of splitting it.

I have filled this information in the personal history in the e-APR though.
Do you think that's enough?

OR should I fill in 2 separate records in the e-APR, mentioning the 2 positions in the same company?

* I have only one employment letter, but it states that I have held 2 positions stating job description, position title and dates for each of the two positions. But the salary is mentioned only for the current position.

Please advise.
THANK YOU
attach the same letter for both positions and write an LOE and explain the situation to the VO.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunshinejan said:
So you think I should create 2 separate records anyway in the e-APR?
As the NOC remained unchanged, 1 record is sufficient. No point in creating 2 records and uploading the same letter twice.

Shipper

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I held three different position in my current company. First position was one NOC and the later two positions are of same NOC, but change of department and position. I am planning to prepare three different LoR for three positions and accompany them with the transfer letters. Will that be ok?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shipper said:
I held three different position in my current company. First position was one NOC and the later two positions are of same NOC, but change of department and position. I am planning to prepare three different LoR for three positions and accompany them with the transfer letters. Will that be ok?
2 letters should suffice - 1 for each NOC. The 2nd letter can mention that you worked in a different department/position but your NOC didn't change. Only NOC matters to CIC.

Shipper

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
2 letters should suffice - 1 for each NOC. The 2nd letter can mention that you worked in a different department/position but your NOC didn't change. Only NOC matters to CIC.
Thanks Asivad! Brings up a new question though.. should I mention which NOC my work corresponds in the LoR? I have no problem asking my company to mention the NOC in LoR, that's why asking.

And a different question, for one of my previous job, I only have the LoR issued by my employer. No employment letter or pay stub available. I have a business card available from that job. Also, if needed I can take bank statement during the period of my job to show and the salary mentioned in LoR was indeed deposited into my account. Do I need to provide these? Or just the LoR? This job counts in my points for experience.

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shipper said:
Thanks Asivad! Brings up a new question though.. should I mention which NOC my work corresponds in the LoR? I have no problem asking my company to mention the NOC in LoR, that's why asking.

Preferably not especially if the company isn't operating in Canada. In that case, having the NOC in your reference letter sounds completely contrived and made-up.

And a different question, for one of my previous job, I only have the LoR issued by my employer. No employment letter or pay stub available. I have a business card available from that job. Also, if needed I can take bank statement during the period of my job to show and the salary mentioned in LoR was indeed deposited into my account. Do I need to provide these? Or just the LoR? This job counts in my points for experience.

Just the reference letter would do. It already mentions salary so no pay stubs or bank statements required. If it also has a list of job responsibilities that closely match the main duties of your chosen NOC in addition to other details required by CIC, nothing else needs to be uploaded.

Thanks.

Shipper

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got it Asivad, thanks a lot. :D

Mar 17, 2017
Hi Asivad,

I have couple of questions related to 2 positions held in the same company:
1. My first position was for around 2 years and which corresponds to NOC code 2171
2. My second position (current position) has been for 8-9 months which corresponds to NOC code 1112

Q1. While creating my EE profile, I had just mentioned 1112 for this employment and didnt actually break it up into 2. So, if i didnt break it up in my EE profile, would it be appropriate to break it up into 2 separate positions in the work history section?

Q2. It would be difficult to obtain 2 separate NOC letters because a central HR team issues it and they would not issue it separately for 2 positions. Could you suggest which would be the best option in such a case.

Q3. If I fail to get 2 letters, can i just provide 1 letter which would have details about both roles separately (with dates mentioned of being in each of the roles)? Still do I separate the 2 positions and upload the same letter in both or just explain the situation in Letter of evidence.

Thanks so much.

Singh2016

Mar 1, 2016
I am in weird situation here, I am using a consultant to file for EE, some how some dates got wrongly put for work experience. May be confusion got in because different date format used in USA and India. Now I have got ITA, I am not sure how to proceed in this situation. Although the changes does not make any difference to the points. And I was reading on the forum that reaching out to CIC take months to get some response from them.

One example of mistake:
Job A: January/2015 - December/2015
Job B: August/2015 to present

I do not want to decline and apply again as my IELTS is expiring soon

Jul 22, 2017
Hi Asivad,

I have couple of questions related to 2 positions held in the same company:
1. My first position was for around 2 years and which corresponds to NOC code 2171
2. My second position (current position) has been for 8-9 months which corresponds to NOC code 1112

Q1. While creating my EE profile, I had just mentioned 1112 for this employment and didnt actually break it up into 2. So, if i didnt break it up in my EE profile, would it be appropriate to break it up into 2 separate positions in the work history section?

Q2. It would be difficult to obtain 2 separate NOC letters because a central HR team issues it and they would not issue it separately for 2 positions. Could you suggest which would be the best option in such a case.

Q3. If I fail to get 2 letters, can i just provide 1 letter which would have details about both roles separately (with dates mentioned of being in each of the roles)? Still do I separate the 2 positions and upload the same letter in both or just explain the situation in Letter of evidence.

Thanks so much.
Hi

I have a situation almost similar to yours. Where in I have 2 different positions held in different departments of the same company, with 2 different NOCs.

The company will issue only 1 employment letter with only my current destination title.

But in terms of the reference letter, I will be able to get one each from both the departments I've worked for. Is that OK?
Having one employment letter but positions explained in two LoR (for the 2 NOCs held).

Did you receive any answer to the query you had? If so, please do share.

Thanks!
Jonathan

Feb 16, 2018
Hi @Asivad Anac, I am new here and writing to seek some guidance on my situation.
I have submitted my e-APR recently. In one of my previous visit visa application to CIC, back in 2012, I have mentioned my job title of that time (Programme Officer), which later on changed to (Programme Coordinator) in the same organization. This change of title was made due to some procedural/compliance requirement of my organization and has nothing to do with promotion/up-gradation. My grade, salary and job description remained the same. For this job duration, the organization issued me experience letter with the new job title "Programme Coordinator", for the entire duration (2011 - 2013), which I provided with my current e-APR. Now, in my e-APR, I have mentioned that back in 2012, I was working as 'Programme Coordinator', which is a contradiction to the information provided in the previous visit visa application where I mentioned my job title as 'Programme Officer'. I haven't mentioned this in LOE either. What should I do now? Wondering if there is a way I can communicate this to the CIC at this stage? Thanks for your insights in advance!

jsingh1

Jul 22, 2017
question:- right now i am applying for my pei pnp express entry i) i am currently working in a restaurant as a pizza maker this is considered in NOC-B 6322 and my Job letter Tittle is as a shift manager NOC 6311 i got this job letter because i did internation business program and if you get a job related to your studies then you get 5 points extra that is why i got this letter. now i got invitation from the province to apply, i am worried about it do i should apply with the shift manager job letter or i should get a job letter as a pizza maker do you think this job is related to business studies. i would not have any problem or i should just apply with shift manager letter but both the NOCs 50% of the duties and responsibilities match