+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work history question: 2 positions in same company

Nov 9, 2017
2 letters should suffice - 1 for each NOC. The 2nd letter can mention that you worked in a different department/position but your NOC didn't change. Only NOC matters to CIC.
Hi Asivad,

I have given three job title for a given period, but the NOC and responsibilities remain same, is that ok? Please confirm.

Vivek_G

Nov 11, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have worked in an organization for 3 years and have had different designations over that period but the same NOC. My employment letter mentions only the last designation I was in with no mention of the previous designations.

Hope this employment letter is okay to submit in my express entry application since the NOC is the same for all three designations.

Thanks!

jain_akhil1988

Feb 2, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have worked in an organization for 3 years and have had different designations over that period but the same NOC. My employment letter mentions only the last designation I was in with no mention of the previous designations.

Hope this employment letter is okay to submit in my express entry application since the NOC is the same for all three designations.

Thanks!
Hi Vivek..how did you go about your profile? I am in the similar situation.

skn30

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Hi Guys,

Thanks!
Hi Vivek,

Did you get your PPR?

Oct 28, 2022
Hi

I have a situation almost similar to yours. Where in I have 2 different positions held in different departments of the same company, with 2 different NOCs.

The company will issue only 1 employment letter with only my current destination title.

But in terms of the reference letter, I will be able to get one each from both the departments I've worked for. Is that OK?
Having one employment letter but positions explained in two LoR (for the 2 NOCs held).

Did you receive any answer to the query you had? If so, please do share.

Thanks!
Jonathan
I am same situation as yours.. can you help me how did you manage this scenario?

Dec 12, 2023
Hi @Asivad Anac, I am new here and writing to seek some guidance on my situation.
I have submitted my e-APR recently. In one of my previous visit visa application to CIC, back in 2012, I have mentioned my job title of that time (Programme Officer), which later on changed to (Programme Coordinator) in the same organization. This change of title was made due to some procedural/compliance requirement of my organization and has nothing to do with promotion/up-gradation. My grade, salary and job description remained the same. For this job duration, the organization issued me experience letter with the new job title "Programme Coordinator", for the entire duration (2011 - 2013), which I provided with my current e-APR. Now, in my e-APR, I have mentioned that back in 2012, I was working as 'Programme Coordinator', which is a contradiction to the information provided in the previous visit visa application where I mentioned my job title as 'Programme Officer'. I haven't mentioned this in LOE either. What should I do now? Wondering if there is a way I can communicate this to the CIC at this stage? Thanks for your insights in advance!