+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work history in Express entry profile with promotions

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Hi,
I have worked only in one company after college and got two promotions (Same NOC and duties). Not sure whether to add multiple entries in work history or single entry.

My job titles:
  1. Software Engineer Intern: Aug 2015 to Jan 2016 (Paid and full time)
  2. Software Engineer: Feb 2016 to March 2018
  3. Senior Soft Engineer: April 2018 to present
I read in other threads that, you can give single entry with the first job title. In my case that is Soft Eng Intern for 3+ years. I do not want that.

As of now, in my profile I have single entry with Senior software engineer from Aug 2015 to Dec 2018. Is this okay ?

Should I give 3 separate sections in my work history (all positions are continuous) or only one ? I can get 3 different letters or single letter with 3 different sections from my employer if necessary. Please advice...

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hi,
I have worked only in one company after college and got two promotions (Same NOC and duties). Not sure whether to add multiple entries in work history or single entry.

My job titles:
I read in other threads that, you can give single entry with the first job title. In my case that is Soft Eng Intern for 3+ years. I do not want that.

As of now, in my profile I have single entry with Senior software engineer from Aug 2015 to Dec 2018. Is this okay ?

Should I give 3 separate sections in my work history (all positions are continuous) or only one ? I can get 3 different letters or single letter with 3 different sections from my employer if necessary. Please advice...
You can definitely get one letter which can mention that you were promoted. Since the NOC is same, putting single entry in work history seems to be sensible thing to do, I don't know why you don't want that.

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
You can definitely get one letter which can mention that you were promoted. Since the NOC is same, putting single entry in work history seems to be sensible thing to do, I don't know why you don't want that.
Thanks for the reply.

I prefer single entry. What I don't want is to have a single entry saying my first position, which is Software engineer intern.

Currently my entry is single with my current postion, which is senior software engineer. This position is only 9 months old. I just wanted to know that if this is OK ? (Giving 3+ years as senior software engineer)

sk1622

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
HI,
can anyone confirm what should be the job title in express entry form, the one in employer's recordor the one in mywork permit?

Fatima5648

Jul 1, 2022
Hi,

My job titles:

Hi ,

i am in same position. What did you do? And what result did you get? Please reply it’s urgent

joy9456

Jul 6, 2023
In similar situation and I didn't understand how single entry will justify whole experience. If I say my position is xyz1 for last yr then it's incorrect and if I say it's xyz2 for whole year that's incorrect too. Splitting this seems to be more logical though I know NOC is same