+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work history - did not include all jobs in EE

mt103plus

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
@DelPiero07 @Asivad @legalfalcon

I have a total work experience of 5 years, but in my Work History in EE, I have only provided 1.5 years of work ex as I could get reference letter only from this past employer.

All other employers (including current one) refused to give me anything, so I did not include that in my EE.

I have received an ITA and wondering how to put this information in personal history - do I have to explain the reason for not including rest of my work experience in Work History?

If I had included that work experience, my CRS would definitely be higher (currently 451, with 5 years of work ex, it would have been 470+). But I did not need those additional points - I got an ITA with 451.

I understand we dont need to provide any proof/reference letter for personal history, but since including work ex would have impacted my CRS (positively), will CIC object to me leaving it out of work history and only mentioning it in Personal History?

I have read about cases where applicants have shown 3 years of experience in WH, while they have had 10 years of work experience. But since adding anything more than 3 doesnt affect CRS, it has worked for them.

Please can you advise? I will include an LoE but wanted to know your thoughts.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
It's totally fine. Just put the rest of your work experiences in personal history section. No need to explain anything.

mt103plus

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Thanks for your reply - I got worried as everywhere I read, people have said that if adding work ex does not result in CRS change, only then we wont have to explain lack of that information in WH.

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
It's totally fine. Just put the rest of your work experiences in personal history section. No need to explain anything.
So there's no need to give an explanation in LOE for employment we are not claiming points for? Even if it is the current employer? Do they contact the employers for verification even if we aren't claiming points for the employment?

Reactions: Sherry9661

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
So there's no need to give an explanation in LOE for employment we are not claiming points for? Even if it is the current employer? Do they contact the employers for verification even if we aren't claiming points for the employment?
No need. Yes. No they don’t.

Sherry9661

Oct 25, 2018
Thanks for your reply - I got worried as everywhere I read, people have said that if adding work ex does not result in CRS change, only then we wont have to explain lack of that information in WH.
Hello, so you got PPR with 1.5 years of experience? And did you mention why didn't you claim previous work experience in LOE?

robin.philip21

Feb 28, 2018
I am submitting my EE profile for Noc code 0122 [skill type 0] and have 5 plus years of exp for this NOC.

However, I started my profession as a clerk with the same organization. The Noc code for clerk is 1434 [skill set C] and I worked for 3 years and was then promoted to Asst. Manger. Should I show this Work history in EE profile?

I doubt if my profile will get rejected as CIC don't consider skill type C for EE.

Please advice.

Thanks.