+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work History changes post ITA

aravindsriram

Mar 16, 2020
Hello Everyone - When creating the EE profile, I listed ALL of my work experiences (15 Yrs). After receiving ITA the system is asking for a reference letter from each company!. It's difficult to obtain a reference letter from previous company (3Yrs). Can I just input 12 years in work history and delete the rest from work history, and keep them in the Personal History file? Does the work history mismatch in Pre ITA and post ITA cause any issue?

canadasj

Star Member
Sep 29, 2023
You can remove records from Work History and only keep them in the Personal History Section.

Here are a few things to make note of:
  • Once you remove records from your Work History, your points will be recalculated, make sure you are still above your ITA cut-off
  • You should still meet work experience eligibility criteria for FSW, CEC, PNP, etc. For FSW requirements, review at Eligibility to apply as a Federal Skilled Worker (Express Entry) - Canada.ca
  • Since you are removing records from your Work History, which you had pre-ITA, make sure to add a letter of explanation to provide details on why you are removing them from your work history and only including in personal history