+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK FROM HOME Country

kai_unique

Oct 5, 2017
I have Canadian PGWP. I started my job in Canada (NOC A) and worked there for 6 months, due to covid I moved to my home country (6 months ago) and I working from home since then. I still get my paycheck in a Canadian bank account and pay Canadian taxes. will my work from home (6 months) be counted toward CEC. Can I apply for Express entry from my home country or should I go back first?

also, I saw this at canada.ca, not totally linked but....

Can my time abroad count toward my permanent resident status?
It depends on what you do and who you travel with. Your time outside of Canada may count toward your permanent resident status if you meet 1 of these conditions:
You work outside Canada
You need to work full-time for:
  • a Canadian business or organization, or
  • the Canadian federal, provincial or territorial government

cic.gc.ca Link to the text above

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can count your work as foreign experience but not Canadian experience. Canadian experience must be from in Canada. You are quoting those who have PR, you don’t.

kai_unique

Oct 5, 2017
You can count your work as foreign experience but not Canadian experience. Canadian experience must be from in Canada. You are quoting those who have PR, you don’t.
Thank you for your response, I am really confused because a lot of people say you have to be in Canada and a lot say if your t4 says you worked it's fine, I couldn't find anything related to this officially on Canada.ca. Do you have any idea if it's written somewhere or is it your personal experience?
Thanks again but I am just too worried as I might have wasted my 6 months.

kai_unique

Oct 5, 2017