+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work from Canada for a US company that doesn't have offices in Canada

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Do you know any? I know NAFTA allows citizens to do this easily

Any idea if PRs can do too?

The company said they'll let me know in three days but I want to have an approach ready by my side and not lose this opportunity because some guy at the firm didn't know or want to work.. the prospective manager wants me over there ASAP
I do not have any idea about Nafta.
Let me know it goes for you.

Reactions: WantToImmigrate

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As far as I know if you do not have a office in Canada then you can not work for US based company. Company will give you the salary in CAD instead of USD, which seems to be a problem for me. How will the company do that?
I have seen cases who were on work permit in Canada because their H1B expired. They worked for around 1-2 years and went back to USA after their H1B issued again.
But I believe you can still get the salary in INR(it does not make sense, I believe) and work from Canada.

Although, this is just my take as per my experience.
You can easily consult for a country in any country around the world. You need to set yourself up as a contractor. You can also be paid in any currency. You do need to pay Canadian taxes on the money you earn. Would suggest working with an accountant.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
You can easily consult for a country in any country around the world. You need to set yourself up as a contractor. You can also be paid in any currency. You do need to pay Canadian taxes on the money you earn. Would suggest working with an accountant.
Thank you for the information. Always good to know all these.

Reactions: WantToImmigrate