+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work for UK company whilst visiting Canada allowed?

jamieb14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Hi Guys,

Can't seem to find any information on the rules of the visitor visa for canada. I know we are not allowed to work in canada without a working visa but are we able to work for a company outside of canada e.g the uk whilst just visiting?

I would like to visit for 6 months but want to work for my UK company over the internet whilst I'm there, what is the legalities of this?

::)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

You are allowed to work remotely provided you are not working for Canadian clients or being paid in Canada.

jamieb14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

You are allowed to work remotely provided you are not working for Canadian clients or being paid in Canada.

Sweet! Do you have a link to any official documentation that states that show I can show to my company?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/about.asp

What kind of activities are not considered to be "work"?

- long distance (by telephone or internet) work done by a temporary resident whose employer is outside Canada and who is remunerated from outside Canada;

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

100%

jamieb14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/about.asp

What kind of activities are not considered to be "work"?

- long distance (by telephone or internet) work done by a temporary resident whose employer is outside Canada and who is remunerated from outside Canada;
Perfect, just what i needed!
Cheers bud +1!! ;D

DHM

Apr 17, 2015
Interesting thread - I'm self employed and looking for confirmation that I can do my UK work remotely while I'm visiting Canada?

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
DHM said:
Interesting thread - I'm self employed and looking for confirmation that I can do my UK work remotely while I'm visiting Canada?
yes