+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience

Oct 9, 2020
My last full day of work for one a company that I previously worked with was June 30th therefore I have put July as the “work until” month on my express entry profile since I officially worked through the entire month of June and was no longer an employee as of July.

However, this puts me Into the 2 year work experience bracket in the express entry profile since it is calculated by month.

has anybody had a similar experience and could this result in a rejected e-apr?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You didn't work for the company in July so you've given an incorrect date there. You are right in that it is calculated by month, which is exactly why you should update your profile accordingly to give June as the end month, as you will be credited for the entirety of June.

You must actually have two years as of the date of your ITA or else your e-APR will be refused.

Oct 9, 2020
You didn't work for the company in July so you've given an incorrect date there. You are right in that it is calculated by month, which is exactly why you should update your profile accordingly to give June as the end month, as you will be credited for the entirety of June.

You must actually have two years as of the date of your ITA or else your e-APR will be refused.
Thanks for the information. The system Seems strange but In theory if I had actually worked on July 1st I would need to put “July” into the system. My application would look like I have 2 years experience although my actual date of 2 full years is July 8th.
I don’t see how IRCC would have grounds to reject an application in that case since the the applicant is in theory telling the truth that they worked until July

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Yes, if you worked just one day in July you would be erroneously credited for the entire month. This is a known issue with their system and it is your responsibility not to submit an e-APR if you did not actually have enough work experience as of the date of your ITA. You must decline the ITA and wait for another one after you actually have enough work experience.