+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
Had some doubt ....

If someone has 1 year experience in eligible NOC, but after that he has 5 years experience in another NOC which is not eligible currently, in such case how many points he will get for experience - for 1 year or for more than 4 years ?

visaworld

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
Med's Request
8 nov2012

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
Thank you for the replies .... All this while I thought its your total experience not eligible NOC experience.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
SunnyDXB said:
Your 1 year experience will give you points.

Let us assume eligible NOC is 'marketing consultant'
and let's say I have 1 year 'marketing consultant'
and after than I became 'marketing manager' in another company (which let us assume is not in eligible NOC) for 4 years. And my duties are significantly different from marketing consultant ....
So I only get 1 year still ?

cimi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2007
Just to make it sure.
You have 1 year experience on the job that is clasified on NOC and is on 29 Ministerial List,
Also You have 4 years experince on the job that is on different number of NOC ,not on the 29 Ministerial list.
In this case Your work experiene is 5 years.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
cimi said:
Just to make it sure.
You have 1 year experience on the job that is clasified on NOC and is on 29 Ministerial List,
Also You have 4 years experince on the job that is on different number of NOC ,not on the 29 Ministerial list.
In this case Your work experiene is 5 years.

Yes, 1 year in 29 ministerial list and 4 years in non 29 ministerial list. According to you is 5 years .... and some told only 1 year.

Anyone with more clarification ?

MSMirza

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
.. waiting .. & .. waiting ..
If you have a 1 Year Experience in an NOC code which is in the list then you are eligible, according to the instructions in the ministerial occupation, if an applicant has a 1 year experience in an eligible NOC and lets say 3 years experience more in skilled NOCs O, A, B in the ministerial instructions then he/she is entitled to get points of 4 years experience, BUT there is a recent mishap which took place to a member, go through the link below for a better understanding.

Mirza.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-follow-all-minister-instructions-but-embassy-make-own-rules-t49966.0.html

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
This makes me wonder ....
All this while consultants and lawyers say if within 0,A,B - you get points, but I don't know if this rule is subjective to visa officer's feeling ?!

MSMirza said:
If you have a 1 Year Experience in an NOC code which is in the list then you are eligible, according to the instructions in the ministerial occupation, if an applicant has a 1 year experience in an eligible NOC and lets say 3 years experience more in skilled NOCs O, A, B in the ministerial instructions then he/she is entitled to get points of 4 years experience, BUT there is a recent mishap which took place to a member, go through the link below for a better understanding.

Mirza.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-follow-all-minister-instructions-but-embassy-make-own-rules-t49966.0.html

ali786leo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I agree with Mirza recently a case was refused that applicant doesnot got point for that he has the experience for NOC 0,A,B
but if you 1 year experience in 29 occupation list and other work experience suppouse 4 years in NOC O,A,B should in last 10 years then you should be awarded maxium points for work experience.

Mirza.

[/quote]

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
What if I want only to claim experience points for my recent work...and not for previous work. Will they call the employers for the period i am not clamiing points???

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
mperei02 said:
What if I want only to claim experience points for my recent work...and not for previous work. Will they call the employers for the period i am not clamiing points???
If you are not claiming then you will not submit work experience letter. If no work experience letter, then they cannot call your ex-employer ;)

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
Well I will have to mention it...because they want to know what I did since I was 18 years...If I dont give them the letter of no points claim period wont they send the application back as incomplete...?

fromdubai said:
If you are not claiming then you will not submit work experience letter. If no work experience letter, then they cannot call your ex-employer ;)

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
mperei02 said:
Well I will have to mention it...because they want to know what I did since I was 18 years...If I dont give them the letter of no points claim period wont they send the application back as incomplete...?
If you mention you were unemployed during that time in application then I think that would be fine.

S

shibuya

Read the posts of Belize on this forum and u can judge why he was rejected.