+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience

starcatcher999

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hello

Can someone please verify if the spouses work experience needs to be uploaded when creating the express entry profile? (we know there will be NO additional points for the spouses work experience gained because it was all in the retail sector which is not 0, A or B categories)

Same goes for education.. The spouse completed secondary school (UK) only but no further.. So once again no additional points will be earned for this because it is not Canadian high school graduation equivalent..

From other posts I have read here I understand that express entry is about getting your CRS score only.. it is ONLY when you get an ITA that you need to go into specifics where we will both be listing everything..

I just do not want to dull the spouse down in the express entry profile by saying there is no work experience or education but at the same time we know we do not get points for the spouses credentials or work experience therefore there is no point putting them until the ITA stage.

Am I right?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
starcatcher999 said:
Hello

Can someone please verify if the spouses work experience needs to be uploaded when creating the express entry profile? (we know there will be NO additional points for the spouses work experience gained because it was all in the retail sector which is not 0, A or B categories)

Same goes for education.. The spouse completed secondary school (UK) only but no further.. So once again no additional points will be earned for this because it is not Canadian high school graduation equivalent..

From other posts I have read here I understand that express entry is about getting your CRS score only.. it is ONLY when you get an ITA that you need to go into specifics where we will both be listing everything..

I just do not want to dull the spouse down in the express entry profile by saying there is no work experience or education but at the same time we know we do not get points for the spouses credentials or work experience therefore there is no point putting them until the ITA stage.

Am I right?
Yes, you are correct, no point adding his/her work experience and education.

Once you receive your ITA you can add those in the personal history section and you won't be required to provide proof of his/her employment or education.

ngans

Jun 17, 2017
Yes, you are correct, no point adding his/her work experience and education.

Once you receive your ITA you can add those in the personal history section and you won't be required to provide proof of his/her employment or education.
This is really helpful. May I ask if my husband put work history before ITA, then do I need to state why I remove all his jobs from Work History, but include under Personal History due to no point in this application? I am the main applicant.

Thanks in advance!