+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience

JayJay67890

Feb 13, 2016
I got invitation and need to provide evidence that I was working at the company. It is foreign company and they only provided me with a job letter stating all the information as CIC requested. However, they didn't provide me with any pay stubs. Would this be a problem for CIC or I need to write a LOE?

Leo26

Jan 15, 2017
Hi jay jay, if you miss just the paystubs thats not a problem, because they saying "if" you have them... so don't worry about that, but it is very important to have other information, like job title, your duties and responbilities, period of working etc...

immunemamta

Jan 15, 2017
Re: work experience- 40 weeks per hrs for 11 months, am I eligible to get points

Hi All, I need to know if I have 40 hrs per week experience for 11 months in Canada and my points on cic calculator has added 5 points. If i leave my job at 11th month ( my total working hrs is 1640, as per my salary slip).
Will my invitation will get rejected if I leave the job at 11th month?

Please help.

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
Re: work experience- 40 weeks per hrs for 11 months, am I eligible to get points

immunemamta said:
Hi All, I need to know if I have 40 hrs per week experience for 11 months in Canada and my points on cic calculator has added 5 points. If i leave my job at 11th month ( my total working hrs is 1640, as per my salary slip).

Please help.
Your application will only be considered if you finish 12 months of work. Doesn't have to be at one job, can be multiple.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

immunemamta said:
Your application will be refused if you apply with less than 12 months of experience. It does not have to be the same employer or same NOC.

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016

jes_ON said:
Your application will be refused if you apply with less than 12 months of experience. It does not have to be the same employer or same NOC.
My spouse is in similar situation. She completes her 1 year on Feb 22, 2017 but was awarded 5 points (i am the primary applicant). She will be quitting her job on Jan 27th and I have updated her job details i.e. I have put her job end date as Jan 2017. Waited 24 hours but the points are still what they were before.

My take is that I have not falsified any information. If I get an ITA based on this CRS score, will my application be refused still? On what basis?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

Googliya said:
My spouse is in similar situation. She completes her 1 year on Feb 22, 2017 but was awarded 5 points (i am the primary applicant). She will be quitting her job on Jan 27th and I have updated her job details i.e. I have put her job end date as Jan 2017. Waited 24 hours but the points are still what they were before.

My take is that I have not falsified any information. If I get an ITA based on this CRS score, will my application be refused still? On what basis?
LOL, it is not really similar. In the previous example, the OP was discussing basic eligibility. In your case, you are the PA, your spouse's employment does not determine eligibility. It does, however, affect your CRS score.

I agree, it's a system error, and you don't have to worry about being accused of anything.

However - If you get the ITA, the VO should reduce your CRS score by the 5 points. If you remain above the score cut-off for your draw, you will be OK. If your score falls below the threshold, then your application will be considered invalid. So - if you get the ITA, make sure your calculated CRS score is at least 5 points above the cut-off before you submit your application.

aneeshsingh

Oct 6, 2016
Hello Friends - I am from India and currently on ICT (Intra company transfer), will I qualify for the 50 points, I get the paystubs and T4, I am in Canada since past 3 years. However I am not sure which document should I provide for point number 3 below. Can anyone of you clarify this please. currently I have 445 points.

c.you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
•are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit - I am working fir the same employer
•have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and - I do have the work experience
•have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa. - How can I provide a future dated job offer ? what document should I provide for this I have the paystubs and T4.

channa1408

Nov 18, 2016
Hi Guys,

I am applying for PNP . My manager mentioned different number of hours (i.e. 35 hours per week) in employment contract than actual number of hours on pay slips (i.e. 32 hours per week). I am wandering if it could make any big difference in application.?

Any given help would be appreciated.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
aneeshsingh said:
•have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa. - How can I provide a future dated job offer ?
You must discuss this with your employer. The required document is a (future) job offer letter.

Kinnu9879

Jan 19, 2017
Re: incorrect work history

Hi all,
I really need help in my case. My EE profile has full time volunteering unpaid 3 months of experience. And by mistake selected NO for full time college during that time. It totally conflicted with my full time college and volunteering working hours. But it doesn't affect to my CRS score. I got invitation to apply. I don't know what should I do next?

JayJay67890

Feb 13, 2016

jes_ON said:
Really? I work in Alberta and my schedule is 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and I got invitation at 11 months. However I worked over 1700hrs.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

JayJay67890 said:
Really? I work in Alberta and my schedule is 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and I got invitation at 11 months. However I worked over 1700hrs.
The online EE application management system only collects dates in terms of "mm/yyyy" instead of the actual date "mm/dd/yyyy" - this causes the automatic system to issue ITAs a month early in some cases. But it is the applicant's responsibility to determine whether or not s/he meets the eligibiity requirements at the time the ITA is received.

Example: Mr X started his job on January 6, 2016. As of December 1, the system sees 01/2016-12/2016 (12 months), even though he has only worked 11 months. ITA was issued Dec 3 (just an example, remember). But Mr X does not meet the minimum requirements at the time of the ITA, so his application would later be assessed as ineligible (after Mr X waits for several months). He should decline the ITA and wait for another one, until after January 5, 2017.

Does not matter how many HOURS you worked, if you work full-time. You need to work a minimum of one year (12 months/52 weeks/365 days) to meet the one year requirement. You need to complete two full years to earn the points for 2 years (etc.).

If you work part-time, it will by definition take LONGER than 12 months to meet the 12 month FTE requirement.

No one can guarantee how IRCC will assess your case. But if you accepted the ITA with only 11 months of experience, it will be refused ~ 99% of the time...

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016

jes_ON said:
The online EE application management system only collects dates in terms of "mm/yyyy" instead of the actual date "mm/dd/yyyy" - this causes the automatic system to issue ITAs a month early in some cases. But it is the applicant's responsibility to determine whether or not s/he meets the eligibiity requirements at the time the ITA is received.

Example: Mr X started his job on January 6, 2016. As of December 1, the system sees 01/2016-12/2016 (12 months), even though he has only worked 11 months. ITA was issued Dec 3 (just an example, remember). But Mr X does not meet the minimum requirements at the time of the ITA, so his application would later be assessed as ineligible (after Mr X waits for several months). He should decline the ITA and wait for another one, until after January 5, 2017.

Does not matter how many HOURS you worked, if you work full-time. You need to work a minimum of one year (12 months/52 weeks/365 days) to meet the one year requirement. You need to complete two full years to earn the points for 2 years (etc.).

If you work part-time, it will by definition take LONGER than 12 months to meet the 12 month FTE requirement.

No one can guarantee how IRCC will assess your case. But if you accepted the ITA with only 11 months of experience, it will be refused ~ 99% of the time...
My wife continues with her job and complete 1 year on Feb 22nd. I am at 457 (including 5 points for my wife's 1 year of canadian work-ex). Assuming that we get ITA tomorrow, should I still decline the ITA?

I know folks have advised to decline but this situation is absurd :'(

Almost everybody who is under canadian experience class would have this dilemma. CIC awards points a month prior and expects folks to keep rejecting points until they complete 1 year??? Please can someone point me to some discussion on this forum wherein the application was rejected just because someone was just few days from completing 1 or 2 years of canadian work-ex (even though they were still working)