+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience

Nov 23, 2014
Friends,

I am applying for canada immigration under FSW program

My current employer has not agreed to provide any Official Letter head mentioning my current job, experience, salary etc. They can do the same in case I leave the job.

please let me know if I can attach any self declaration alongwith offer letter, appointment letter & salary slips as proof of employment.

Thanks
Aman

iamdare

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
I have tried to find an article/post that I read before that answers your question well but I can't seem to find it yet.

You case is not unique. What others have done is to get their supervisor or colleagues to write an affidavit stating that you work with ........company in.......position for.......number of years performing.............duties along with the other documents you mentioned (offer letter, appointment letter & salary slips)

I advise that you post your question here for fast response http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here-t199004.0.html

o_o

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App.
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Submitted with App.
File Transfer...
No Clue
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015 (CPC-O) 30-01-2015 (Los Angeles)
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
05-10-2015 (PRC recvd. 01-26-2016)
17102386 said:
Friends,

I am applying for canada immigration under FSW program

My current employer has not agreed to provide any Official Letter head mentioning my current job, experience, salary etc. They can do the same in case I leave the job.

please let me know if I can attach any self declaration alongwith offer letter, appointment letter & salary slips as proof of employment.

Thanks
Aman
I'm curious if you can get an ex-supervisor or even your current supervisor, but not on the official letterhead to acknowledge your duties. Self declarations will not do.

Also if you have past jobs that you can document, and you don't need the points from the current job, you can ignore it i.e. tell the CIC you are not able to get the letter from your current job, and therefore you are not claiming any points from it.

luthucam

Nov 1, 2014
Hi,

My NOC is 2133.

I can get letter of reference from my employer. However I couldn't find my related offer letter, contract and payslip. I don't remember keeping it. So can I just submit the reference letter and my bank statement indicating I got my salary every month?

Pls advise soon. Thank you
Cam

iamdare

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
luthucam said:
Hi,

My NOC is 2133.

I can get letter of reference from my employer. However I couldn't find my related offer letter, contract and payslip. I don't remember keeping it. So can I just submit the reference letter and my bank statement indicating I got my salary every month?

Pls advise soon. Thank you
Cam
Hello Luthucam,

The reference letter is the main document requested to proof work experience. The supporting documents like the employment letter (highly recommended) and pay stubs will make your case stronger.

My advise is to try to get a new employment letter from your employer. You only need to submit a notarized copy of this. Also submit payment slips or tax clearance receipts if you have them.

Do not submit bank statement under "work experience" requirement as there is a separate section (titled "Settlement funds") for this.

luthucam

Nov 1, 2014
Hi iamdare,

Thank you very much for your advice. really appreciate that.

Do you have a sample of reference letter for me to refer to? if it is convenient, please share with me. Thanks a lot.