+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience with Employment Agency based in US but Tax as per Province

Gumbar47

Sep 29, 2022
Hello,

I had worked 5 months for a temp work agency called CTG of Canada Inc. (based in USA - mentioned in ROE/ paystubs!) before they transferred me to another contract agency with which I am currently working. (same client)

Now, I have two major concerns regarding how to prove this employment or if I even can:
1) IRCC mentions that the work done must be for company within Canada. Thing is all the required taxes were taken from my pay as per ON. provincial guideline and I was physically here working for a client in Mississauga. Can I still be able to count this time?
2) After 5 mos. they transferred me to contract agency that does have a Canadian address. However, since the client I was working with remained the same, should I still declare it as a separate employment under CEC profile. Should I also ask for reference letter from my client? (read it in another thread somewhere)

I have a total of 1 year experience, including 5 months experience with CTG Canada. Is their a way I can put my file under CEC?

Your opinions are appreciated.
Cheers!!