+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience while studying outside of Canada

imbadin

Jan 7, 2018
Dear all,
I have a question regarding the matter of working while studying outside of Canada.
I have 4 years of full-time work experience while I was studying full-time for my bachelor's degree.
I'm planning to apply for NOC 2282.
Will I get any points for my work experience? full-time or part-time?
Thanks in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you will get points for your work experience. You stated that it was full-time work experience so it will be counted as such.

Reactions: imbadin

imbadin

Jan 7, 2018
Yes, you will get points for your work experience. You stated that it was full-time work experience so it will be counted as such.
It was indeed full-time, but many people told me that in the best case scenario it will be counted as a part-time experience and I will get only 2 years out of it, some even suggested it wouldn't be counted at all since it happened while I was studying full-time.
Thank you for your response.

SayidJunior

May 15, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
OCT 2023
Med's Request
10/01/2024
Med's Done....
18/2/2024
VISA ISSUED...
03/03/2024
LANDED..........
16-04-2024
It was indeed full-time, but many people told me that in the best case scenario it will be counted as a part-time experience and I will get only 2 years out of it, some even suggested it wouldn't be counted at all since it happened while I was studying full-time.

I am worried in the second part which is part-time job is not counted while studying full time.

Anyone has

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I am worried in the second part which is part-time job is not counted while studying full time.

Anyone has
If you want to follow those ""Many People" then its your choice. As @DelPiero07 suggested, you can claim points for Full time study and Full time/Part time work for the same period if it is outside Canada!