+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Update?? Please share your views

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear All.

When I updated my documents I had work experience of 2 years from a previous job and in the current job I was in (at the time of updating the documents) I had 6 months of experience. So I did not update my current job documents. Now it has been exactly 1 year since I updated the documents and have not heard anything form CHC.Now I have more than 1 year of experience in the current job and eligible for 2 additional points. As my current job also fall within the NOC should I :

1)just send all the documents of my current job without updating the Schedule 1 Background/Declaration and Schedule 3 Economic Classes- Federal Skilled Workers or

2) should I update my current job experience documents along with Schedule 1 Background/Declaration and Schedule 3 Economic Classes- Federal Skilled Workers

Please share your views. Your help and cooperation is much appreciated.

Regards

Singh

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh123 said:
Dear All.

When I updated my documents I had work experience of 2 years from a previous job and in the current job I was in (at the time of updating the documents) I had 6 months of experience. So I did not update my current job documents. Now it has been exactly 1 year since I updated the documents and have not heard anything form CHC.Now I have more than 1 year of experience in the current job and eligible for 2 additional points. As my current job also fall within the NOC should I :

1)just send all the documents of my current job without updating the Schedule 1 Background/Declaration and Schedule 3 Economic Classes- Federal Skilled Workers or

2) should I update my current job experience documents along with Schedule 1 Background/Declaration and Schedule 3 Economic Classes- Federal Skilled Workers

Please share your views. Your help and cooperation is much appreciated.

Regards

Singh
My view and opinion about your situation is this:
Since you have submitted your full documents once, assessment has started, as request for documents update led to the beginning of assessing your application and as such no further document will be of help i.e yield any points. The clause in op06-eng.PDf states clearly to consider experience between application and assessment, as seen below.

take into account any years of experience that occur between application and assessment,
and for which the applicant has submitted the necessary documentation

You may want to send them in and keep your fingers crossed.
Note:
This my personal view and understanding. I am not an immigration Lawyer nor consultant

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bobby, i think u might know answer to this problem:

in BACKGROUND DECLARATION form in the personal history, in my case, I was studying & working at the same time. I am also claiming points for this work experience. Let me explain:

2006/ May to 2008/ May I was studying Masters while working as an accountant from 2006/ Sep.

while my study finished on 2008/ May I kept working as an accountant.

So, will I have to show like this:

2006/ May to 2008/ May studying in XXX college for Masters
2008/May to 2009/ July working in XXX company as accountant

or will I have to show like this :

2006/Sep to 2008/ May working in XXX company as accountant

plz advise me as I am only waiting for this answer to submit my application to CIO

thanks in advance

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibleebd,

If I were you, I will use the you the following format but also write a cover letter to explain.
This will thus make it possible for the IO to understand what the dates are all about.

2006/Sep to 2008/ May working in XXX company as accountant

Jan 13, 2017
Dear All,

I entered 5 years of experience with same designation and location in express entry profile but actually i worked at different designations and two locations during these 5 years.

Now i have received ITA.

May i update the same.. Please suggest

Is it going to have any negative impact now?