+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience under Co op work permit

sharma1987

Jul 7, 2013
Hi
I graduated in April 2012 and as soon as I graduated I was offered a job but I had only Co op work permit at that time and I called CIC and they told me that if my serial number on co op wp starts with "U" then I am good to go and can start working for being paid.
my actual wp started in june 2012.
Now for applying under cic i need a reference letter from the company and on which they will write that I started my job in April which technically i could not under co op wp. ( I came to know about this later)
and i have no record of the call i made to CIC before accepting the job

If some one has any idea if I am right or wrong for applying?
Please reply

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
sharma1987 said:
Hi
I graduated in April 2012 and as soon as I graduated I was offered a job but I had only Co op work permit at that time and I called CIC and they told me that if my serial number on co op wp starts with "U" then I am good to go and can start working for being paid.
my actual wp started in june 2012.
Now for applying under cic i need a reference letter from the company and on which they will write that I started my job in April which technically i could not under co op wp. ( I came to know about this later)
and i have no record of the call i made to CIC before accepting the job

If some one has any idea if I am right or wrong for applying?
Please reply
I think I read on this forum that there's a 3 month window right after graduation when you can use a still valid co-op or off-campus work permits (with some restrictions) to work while you are waiting for your post-grad work permit application to come through. CIC call centre might have been referring to that.

sharma1987

Jul 7, 2013
I tried to search about what u said but could not find anywhere and called CIC again and as usual they have no answer for this