+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience - Student Visa

Journey2PR

Mar 27, 2015
I have two years of part time work experience as i was on a student visa.... will this be counted... if not please provide some reference so that i can remove it from my profile .

Many thanks in ADVAnCE

See you all in CANADA

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Journey2PR said:
I have two years of part time work experience as i was on a student visa.... will this be counted... if not please provide some reference so that i can remove it from my profile .

Many thanks in ADVAnCE

See you all in CANADA

Hi, They have mentioned that part-time on Student visa wont count. So remove it from your profile. otherwise it will make issues for misrepresentation.

Journey2PR

Mar 27, 2015
jemdill said:
Hi, They have mentioned that part-time on Student visa wont count. So remove it from your profile. otherwise it will make issues for misrepresentation.
Thank you for your reply... can you please provide me the link to read so that i can remove it ... it doesnt mean that i dont trust you but just wanna be sure

Journey2PR

Mar 27, 2015
ALSO that during my student visa ... i was allowed for a one year internship which was a full time paid internship .. will that count ??

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Journey2PR said:
ALSO that during my student visa ... i was allowed for a one year internship which was a full time paid internship .. will that count ??
Hi,

My Immigration lawyer advised me that, I started full time work right after my studies before I got the PGWP. But he said its not qualified when we work with Off campus work permit, so I had to count from the date when I got PG work permit.
But yes, its good to confirm with someone else.

I am looking for a link that I can give to you.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Journey2PR said:
Got it..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=675&t=6

you must meet all requirements for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class at the time you create an Express Entry profile.

You must:

plan to live outside the province of Quebec,
have at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada within the last three years before you apply (academic internships, co-op placements and part-time work during your studies do not count),
have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work authorization,
meet the required language levels needed for the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level of your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening) and
create a profile on the Express Entry system.

Journey2PR

Mar 27, 2015
jemdill said:
Got it..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=675&t=6

you must meet all requirements for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class at the time you create an Express Entry profile.

You must:

plan to live outside the province of Quebec,
have at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada within the last three years before you apply (academic internships, co-op placements and part-time work during your studies do not count),
have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work authorization,
meet the required language levels needed for the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level of your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening) and
create a profile on the Express Entry system.
Thank you so much buddy.

So this means that i have to remove the experience from hotel where i worked part time during my studies and also the one year experience which i got which was a part of study as well. so basically i shall be showing only one year of experience from dubai and one year in india thats it right ....

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Journey2PR said:
Thank you so much buddy.

So this means that i have to remove the experience from hotel where i worked part time during my studies and also the one year experience which i got which was a part of study as well. so basically i shall be showing only one year of experience from dubai and one year in india thats it right ....
Apparently Yes .. :)
But you are still qualified under FSW if you have the exp. in skilled.
So try to imrove points and try to get a Job offer with LMIA from your employer.
So you will get ITA before you complete your studies.

Sunny_CV

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Hi All,

My overall work experience in Information Technology is more than 8.5 years which is not relevant to my education (Bachelors degree in Electronics and Communication). As I have studied a number of Information Technology subjects while I was pursuing the Electronics and Communication degree, so I got this job in IT and have been doing pretty well since then.

I just gave IELTS exam, and scored following bands:

Reading - 9
Speaking - 9
Listening - 8
Writing - 7

My concern is since my education differs from my work experience domain (though IT subjects were a partially a part of my curriculum) , would it cause any negative impact on my Express entry application ?

Thanks for your help in advance!!
Sunny

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunny_CV said:
Hi All,

My overall work experience in Information Technology is more than 8.5 years which is not relevant to my education (Bachelors degree in Electronics and Communication). As I have studied a number of Information Technology subjects while I was pursuing the Electronics and Communication degree, so I got this job in IT and have been doing pretty well since then.

I just gave IELTS exam, and scored following bands:

Reading - 9
Speaking - 9
Listening - 8
Writing - 7

My concern is since my education differs from my work experience domain (though IT subjects were a partially a part of my curriculum) , would it cause any negative impact on my Express entry application ?

Thanks for your help in advance!!
Sunny

Not at all..
Just go ahead :)
You will get it for sure.. :)