MeduLink

Dec 20, 2022
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
00-08-2016
Hi all,

I got my ITA in the last draw with having 2 years of Canadian experience and im wondering if it is valid or I should decline my offer.
I have two jobs that I worked in each for almost a year:
Job 1: DEC13 2021-Dec20 2022
Job 2: Jan09 2023 - Date of ITA (Dec 8th)

(in the letter from Job 2, my boss only states that I started working there in January and did not provide with the exact date)

on Dec 2nd, the system autamically pushed my score up as it thought that my work experience is 2 years. what should I do? is it valid?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

I got my ITA in the last draw with having 2 years of Canadian experience and im wondering if it is valid or I should decline my offer.
I have two jobs that I worked in each for almost a year:
Job 1: DEC13 2021-Dec20 2022
Job 2: Jan09 2023 - Date of ITA (Dec 8th)

(in the letter from Job 2, my boss only states that I started working there in January and did not provide with the exact date)

on Dec 2nd, the system autamically pushed my score up as it thought that my work experience is 2 years. what should I do? is it valid?
You need two years of experience. If you are sill working in Canada, then continue to do so and don’t apply until you have reached two years. If application is due before the two years is acquired then decline. You seem to be short around 6 weeks.

Reactions: MeduLink

Stonehenge

Nov 22, 2023
You need two years of experience. If you are sill working in Canada, then continue to do so and don’t apply until you have reached two years. If application is due before the two years is acquired then decline. You seem to be short around 6 weeks.
I thought qualification for CEC is one year work experience. What's up with the two years work experience?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
One last question, so at every draw, if your CRS is up to what was drawn, you get invited, if not, one has to find a way to up the score, right?
Your score needs to be above the draws score. If your score is a tiebreaker then IRCC posts the date for when you application needed to be submitted.

Reactions: Stonehenge

Stonehenge

Nov 22, 2023
Your score needs to be above the draws score. If your score is a tiebreaker then IRCC posts the date for when you application needed to be submitted.
Where do you suggest I get a test CRS score to know where I stand or what band I need to get in IELTS

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Where do you suggest I get a test CRS score to know where I stand or what band I need to get in IELTS
CRS score is calculated when you submit a profile. But IRCC has an online calculator to determine roughly what your score is. The IRCC-EE website outlines the steps and IELTS requirements

Reactions: Stonehenge

Stonehenge

Nov 22, 2023
CRS score is calculated when you submit a profile. But IRCC has an online calculator to determine roughly what your score is. The IRCC-EE website outlines the steps and IELTS requirements
Yeah, I just used the CIC calculator now and it's not looking good. I'll just apply when I have one year experience here and see what score I get and what I need to increase it. Age is a bad factor in calculating.

MeduLink

Dec 20, 2022
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
00-08-2016
I only need 22 more days to be qualified which means a little over 3 weeks. I have 54 more days to submit my application. do I need to get the ITA when the 2 years have already acquired or is it ok to apply after the 2 years have acquired even though I got my ITA when I was under 2 years?

I used THIS website to calculate the time and it says that I have 1 year and 11 months and 8 days of experience at the day I got my ITA (Dec 8), meaning ill get my 2 years experience at the end of December 2023. can I still apply in January after the 2 years have passed or should I still decline?

Last edited:

MeduLink

Dec 20, 2022
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
00-08-2016
Yeah, I just used the CIC calculator now and it's not looking good. I'll just apply when I have one year experience here and see what score I get and what I need to increase it. Age is a bad factor in calculating.
Just a personal opinion, CELPIP is easier than IELTS to get a high score at